Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Urgent Help - i think i've wiped my iphone

Default Urgent Help - i think i've wiped my iphone
    Hi - i bought an unlocked 16 GB iphone duty free in Singapore, as i work between the UK and Sydney, so need to use local sim's in both countries (o2 in the UK and virgin in Oz)

Last night i went to upgrade to the new firmware and it looks like the phone has relocked to AT&T - but i have no AT&T sim card.

I get a message on iTunes saying that the sim is not supported. i'm getting a display on my phone showing a USB pointing to the iTunes logo. There is a slider to allow you to make emergency calls only and that's all.

Is my phone stuffed? - can anyone help?

Cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

No worries, just run RedsnOw to jailbreak it and use ultrasn0w to unlock it.
    I'm going to make this real easy for you here is a video and it will also have links to the files you will need.

YouTube - How To Unlock NEW iPhone 3GS & 3G On 3.0 Firmware With Ultrasnow

^+1
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Default Better but still no signal
    Thanks guys

watched the video and followed the steps...

the iphone now is functional but i still can't get a signal for either sim card.

my network sellection under 'carriers' automatically detects the networks but when i select one of these it tells me 'network lost' and to select different network in 'Settings'.

Are there other changes i should do to make this work in Australia?

Thanks again for the help so far - much appreciated.

Hi - further to my post above, the Carrier in the About section of settings says Carrier 4.0

If not sure if this ontributes to the problem of no signal even after ultrasn0w

many thanks in advance for any help
    Last edited by aussiephone; 2009-07-13 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Not sure if you tried this,Before installing ultrasn0w disable 3g, then after installing ultrasn0w go to Settings->General->Reset->Reset network settings. See if you get signal after that. If not you can try to enable airplane mode, do a hard reset of the phone by holding the home and power buttons until it comes back on, and then disabling airplane mode. I know this has worked for a lot of people including myself on a few phones.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME