Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Activation 1.1.4 Problem please HELP!!!

Default Activation 1.1.4 Problem please HELP!!!
    I've done the normal steps to bypass activation

SIM-card with PIN turned off, and power on your phone (the supplied AT&T card works fine).
    # On the activation screen, slide for emergency and dial: *#301# to make the phone call itself. (If the incoming call dialog quickly disappears but it keeps ringing, just dial 0 (remove *#301# first), and it will call itself)
    # Answer the call, and tap on Hold
    # Phone will call it self again, tap Decline. You will now be returned to the normal dialer.

but when I tap decline in the last step there my phone doesn't return to the normal dialer, it goes back to the slide for emergency screen. PLEASE HELP!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

That exploit was fixed in 1.1.2, it only works in 1.1.1 If you want to unlock 1.1.4 directly OTB, then it's best to use ZiPhone or iPlus... Beware though, ZiPhone will downgrade your bootloader to 3.9 and it's NOT possible to go back to 4.6 without opening your iPhone.

Iplus also downgrades your Bootloader but it'll download it to 3.9FakeBlank which CAN be upgraded back to 4.6 without opening your phone. There are great guides to using iPlus on this site!

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

iPlus "suck" Ziphone is better,I have a question-why do you want to get your bootloader to 4.6? Whats the differences? THERE ARE NO DIFFERENCES!!!
    I suggest you to RESTORE to 1.1.4 firmaware through iTines and then in Ziphone click DO IT ALL! Good Luck!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well supposedly there is the 4.6_GEOMOD which will require 4.6 to run, but i've heard that it's facing problems with copyright etc...

The choice is basically do you want a permanent 3.9 Bootloader or a temporary 3.9 Boot Loader, other than that they both do pretty much the same thing, though iPlus installed OpenSSH, BSD Subsystems, Terminal and something else for you automatically, ZiPhone doesnt. I used ZiPhone, had no problems

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie2k View Post
    Well supposedly there is the 4.6_GEOMOD which will require 4.6 to run, but i've heard that it's facing problems with copyright etc...

The choice is basically do you want a permanent 3.9 Bootloader or a temporary 3.9 Boot Loader, other than that they both do pretty much the same thing, though iPlus installed OpenSSH, BSD Subsystems, Terminal and something else for you automatically, ZiPhone doesnt. I used ZiPhone, had no problems
    You are right,Ziphone is better than iPlus,i think so.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I guess it always depends on the users prefrence... ZiPhone is appealing to the begnner because of it's easy to use GUI, whilst iPlus is more for the Command Line Enthusiast, it just depends on your prefrence i guess. They basically both do the same thing, just in a different manner

Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPie View Post
    iPlus "suck" Ziphone is better,I have a question-why do you want to get your bootloader to 4.6? Whats the differences? THERE ARE NO DIFFERENCES!!!
    I suggest you to RESTORE to 1.1.4 firmaware through iTines and then in Ziphone click DO IT ALL! Good Luck!
    The difference is that iPlus downgrades you to a SOFTWARE- REVERSABLE 3.9FBL and ZiPhone leaves you unasked with a HARDWARE- ONLY- REVERSABLE 3.9OTB BL.

You never know when you will need it.
    If I could help you with my answer give me a