Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrading my 3g Iphone to OS 3.0 from OS 2.2.1

Default Upgrading my 3g Iphone to OS 3.0 from OS 2.2.1
    Hello!

When i downloaded the OS 3.0 to my OS 2.2.1 version 3G 16GB iphone recently, the following message flashed and my iphone got locked!

"The SIM Card inserted in this IPhone does not appear to be supported. Only compatible SIM Cards from a supported carrier may be used to activate iphone.Please insert the SIM Card that came with your Iphone or visit a supported carrier's store to receive a replacement SIM Card".

The original SIM Card is "O2 of UK". When i visited US i have used AT&T Sim Card and it was working fine. Even when i used another SIM Card in India it was working fine with unlocking SIM card till i downloaded 3.0 software.

I request our beloved members to advise me IMMEDIATELY to activate my iphone and regret for the inconvenience caused in this regard.

With regards!
    abbaiah

When you upgraded, you basically made your iPhone unjailbroken and relocked. You have to do all that stuff over again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default me 2
    Quote Originally Posted by GaijinPunch View Post
    When you upgraded, you basically made your iPhone unjailbroken and relocked. You have to do all that stuff over again.
    thats not what he is talking about. im having the same problem. when you get that activation screen it stops you from restoring so its not even possible to use a custom pwnage restore.. anyone know the answer?

Ah, yikes. That hurts.
    I assume you don't have the original SIM?

I have a 2.2.1 and wanted to upgrade it to the 3.0. Where do I start?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah its a real bummer. I cant get it into DFU mode anymore either.