Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbroken on 1.1.2

Default Jailbroken on 1.1.2
    sorry noob here

any reason to go to 1.1.4? Also will ziphone automatically unlock and jb to 1.1.4?

I didn't backup the last time and I had to do everything over...not sure if I just did it wrong or if ziphone doesn't do that.

would the official DEV team release be the best way to go from JB 1.1.2 to JB 1.1.3?

I just don't want to loose everything I have.

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

whatever you do don't restore from a backup in itunes when changing firmwares. Always set up as a new phone. If you want to back up your apps youll have to do it manually from the /Applications folder. Some apps also keep files in your root and mobile folders so you would have to back those up as well. Summerboard themes are in mobile/library/summerboard/themes.

restore to 1.1.4 in itunes. set up as a NEW phone and use Ziphone to jailbreak/unlock
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to desepticon For This Useful Post:

Dakotafan (2008-03-21)

Quote Originally Posted by desepticon View Post
    whatever you do don't restore from a backup in itunes when changing firmwares. Always set up as a new phone. If you want to back up your apps youll have to do it manually from the /Applications folder. Some apps also keep files in your root and mobile folders so you would have to back those up as well. Summerboard themes are in mobile/library/summerboard/themes.

restore to 1.1.4 in itunes. set up as a NEW phone and use Ziphone to jailbreak/unlock
    Thanks. Not sure of the benefits of going to 1.1.4? I have everything gi want with 1.1.2, but Youtube doesn't work after the Ziphone JB and my RSS feeds are screwey, that's why i wanted to go up.

Thanks

ziphone activation screws with youtube. RESTORE to 1.1.4 then use ziphone without activation and go into itunes and set up as a NEW phone.

1.1.4 adds some battery tweaks and general stability
    Last edited by desepticon; 2008-03-21 at 04:10 PM.

thanks...I just choose JB on ziphone and them set it up as a new phone - sounds easy enough...will I lose everything I have right now?

Thanks

first restore, then ziphone (no activation), then launch itunes and set up as new phone.

yes. you will lose everything if you don't manually backup

9. The Following User Says Thank You to desepticon For This Useful Post:

Dakotafan (2008-03-21)