Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Want to upgrade my OS to 3.0 but??????

Default Want to upgrade my OS to 3.0 but??????
    I have a 2g iphone unlocked and jailbroken for T-Mobile. The computer I used to unlock and jailbreak was my offices Windows XP. I'm a teacher and we are on summer break. My home computer is an old Mac G4 running OS 10.4.1.1. How can I upgrade my iPhone to 3.0 on this computer and not my Windows XP at school?

I don't see what the problem is if all of your music and apps are saved onto your G4.

All you need to do is connect the iPhone to your computer and click restore. It will update your iPhone software to 3.0 and relock your phone.

Then you can just follow this tutorial (iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your iPhone 2G on OS 3.0 Using RedSn0w (Mac)). Download links for redsn0w, both bootloaders, and the 3.0 firmware are on that website.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NeoNightmareX For This Useful Post:

mark1914 (2009-07-10)

clicking update would be better than to restore. Then visit Dev-Team Blog to download the latest version of redsn0w and jailbreak and unlock the phone.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to satch2501 For This Useful Post:

mark1914 (2009-07-10)

Thanks. Now my question is what can I use to extract the zip file? My older G4 says I don't have a default application to extract the info in the zip file.

I downloaded the redsnow file but it came as a Torrent. My mac wont let me open it up.
    Last edited by mark1914; 2009-07-10 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I dont have a mac, but i know uTorrent is compatible with mac's, it is a free download.

If your unable to download uTorrent or download torrents at all, then try and find a direct link to it. There are probably some somewhere.