Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cannot connect to WiFi after Jailbreaking 3.0!!

Default Cannot connect to WiFi after Jailbreaking 3.0!!
    OK, upgraded to 3.0 on Iphone 3g. Jailbroke with Redsn0w, everything good. Tried connecting to WiFi to unlock with Ultrasn0w from cydia and it will not connect. I don't have an internet connection at all. I tried the airplane mode trick, multiple times, nothing. I've seen a few people have this problem and have not gotten a good fix. I now have an Iphone with 3.0 and cannot use with T-mobile. Pllleeaase help!!

go to settings and reset network setting

Oh I did that too. And hit forget this network.

Tried all the above, even after full restore. Nothing.

Worked fine since day one of 3.0 jailbreak/unlock. Installed the MMS program from Big Boss thru Cydia and it froze my phone. Restored and now can't connect to WiFi.

EDIT/UPDATE:

I THINK this worked. THINK...

After jailbreaking again with redsn0w I reconnected to Itunes and set up my Iphone as a new phone, and just let my backup data go away. Let it reboot and sit for a few and FINALLY it found my WiFi.

I then quickly got back into Cydia and downloaded and installed the critical updates first. Let Cydia reboot. Then I downloaded and installed utrasn0w. It is working NOW. I will NOT be downloading anymore Apps from Cydia or Icy for fear of freezing my phone...
    Last edited by MagnumSPI; 2009-07-09 at 03:27 AM.

Ive tried everything. Reset network settings, erase all content and settings, reset router, and restored the phone a couple times and re-jailbroke/unlocked. My 3g still cant find any networks, but my 2g connects to wifi networks just fine.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    It seems like half of the jailbroken+ultrasn0w iphone 3Gs have the wifi drop problem. I got two 3Gs. my white one works flawlessly after the first jailbroken+ultrasn0w, but my black one keep getting wifi drop.