Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem with iPlus 2.0b

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Problem with iPlus 2.0b
    Sooo... I decided to re-unlock my ZiPhoned iPhone with iPlus. All seemed to be going well until it gets to the screen where it says "Pass 2 starting" It says "the iPhone will now reboot" and the little circle thing is going around, but nothing is happening... I waited 10 minutes and then restarted the phone myself. It just went back to the slide for emergency screen. I tried running it again, but same thing.

Any ideas?

So after screwing around with it for over an hour, tried restoring, downgrading to 1.1.2, then restoring back up to 1.1.4, still got the same thing. Froze when it said it was restarting. Finally restored 1.1.4 again and ZiPhoned it again....

I guess it's not really a big deal, but I'm curious to know if this has happened to anyone else, and what the reason is? I wanted to try iPlus for the file re-locating that leaves more room for apps. But I guess it's not that big a deal. I have a 1.0.2 OTB, so there's no bootloader downgrading involved using ZiPhone...
    Last edited by ASar08; 2008-03-14 at 01:40 PM.
    If my post was helpful to you, hit the thanks button!

Try using the refurbish option from Ziphone, worked for me.

Then run iPlus 2.0 again.
    If I could help you with my answer give me a

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

I do NOT like the Dev Teams,better use Ziphone to do it all!

okay so lets say i use ziphone to jailbreak and activate my iphone to FW 1.1.3 and after 1.1.4 came out i want to use iPlus, can i do that?

Thanks

nirav464 whats the problem? Why cant you unlock your iPhone with "1.1.4 Unlock" from iClarified? Why do you want iPlus? Whats the matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPie View Post
    nirav464 whats the problem? Why cant you unlock your iPhone with "1.1.4 Unlock" from iClarified? Why do you want iPlus? Whats the matter?
    dude i think you misunderstood me. Lets say I used a different jailbreak method to get to 1.1.2 can i still use iPlus or ziphone to jailbreak and activated 1.1.4?

Now you brought up unlocking I also have a question for that. Lets say I do jailbreak and activate 1.1.4 (no unlock yet) and I want to go to UK can i just unlock my iphone then with any method I want or do i have to use the same method i used before for jailbreaking ect.

Hope this makes any sense.

Thanks

Yea sorry,didnt quite understand your question!
    If you want to stay on bootloader 4.6
    1-use Ziphone to jailbreak+activate
    2-install BSD Subsystem,add iClarified source ( installer.iClarified.com )
    3-install GeoHot unlock..

if you need bootloader 3.9
    1-RESTORE to 1.1.3/1.1.4 firmware
    2-open Ziphone and press DO IT ALL and your phone will WORK WITH ANY SIM IN THE WORLD.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ASar08 View Post
    Sooo... I decided to re-unlock my ZiPhoned iPhone with iPlus. All seemed to be going well until it gets to the screen where it says "Pass 2 starting" It says "the iPhone will now reboot" and the little circle thing is going around, but nothing is happening... I waited 10 minutes and then restarted the phone myself. It just went back to the slide for emergency screen. I tried running it again, but same thing.

Any ideas?

So after screwing around with it for over an hour, tried restoring, downgrading to 1.1.2, then restoring back up to 1.1.4, still got the same thing. Froze when it said it was restarting. Finally restored 1.1.4 again and ZiPhoned it again....

I guess it's not really a big deal, but I'm curious to know if this has happened to anyone else, and what the reason is? I wanted to try iPlus for the file re-locating that leaves more room for apps. But I guess it's not that big a deal. I have a 1.0.2 OTB, so there's no bootloader downgrading involved using ZiPhone...
    This happened to me on iPlus2.0b, twice i tried and still stuck on the end of pass 2 where the iphone is supposed to re boot to complete the process waited 30 to 40 mins, and still no dice, i restored to 1.1.4 again and run iPlus2.0 (iplus -u) and came out with jailbroken, activated but not unlocked9 i can see the service provider and signal bars but at the same time the itunes logo and the cable is present, decided to run Ziphone 2.5 and after 4 mins iphone rebooted with "Z" logo on springboard and on the installer's uninstall options this appears BSDSubsystem,Open SSH, Termvt and all other fixes and patch that came with the payload of iPlus2.0, Phone works great all features,(Locate me on Maps,Youtube everything..)