Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No service and no Installer

Default No service and no Installer
    Hello everyone.

I have seriously had it with my iPhone these past couple of days. I recently downgraded my iPhone from 3.0 after I accidentally upgraded it. I've got one of the first iPhones that came out, 1G or 2G, whatever you call it.

I used Ziphone to do everything and but I still get 'No Service' and I don't have Installer on my iPhone. I've looked around everywhere on the internet but to no avail.

I bought my iPhone in perfect conditions, jailbroken and 1.1.4 firmware. The stupid person that I am went ahead and upgraded it, forgetting that it would cause my iPhone to be inactive in my country.

Registering and asking for help on an internet forum is the last act of desperation so if anyone could assist me that would be great.

So basically I need to get 'service' on my iPhone. I don't have Installer and I live in Dubai, a place where I doubt I could find any help regarding this.

I hope I was clear enough, thanks.

What firmwre is currently installed

The guys uncharge of installer has cease upgrading there is no installer for firmware 3.0, what u need to do is retore your iPhone through iTunes to 3.0 and the jailbreak with redsnow, and install cydia, that's the new installer

1.1.4 is currently installed.

When I upgraded it, I used Ziphone to downgrade it but the only thing it lacked was Installer and the fact that there was no service.

What exactly should I do now?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

you should refer to the guides in this forum and download redsn0w and bring your phone up to date at firmware 3.0. you can also find instructions here: iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your iPhone 2G on OS 3.0 Using RedSn0w (Windows)

if you MUST have installer, icy is the new installer although cydia is probably a better bet. and ziphone? that's a thing of the past so you should leave it there

well im not sure if 3.0 is the best idea

from my experience, it has unstable signal

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

i'm going to guess that may be individually based. no signal problem here with 2 iphone 3g's in the US and 2 iphone 2g's in australia, all running 3.0

Cheers. I'll try that in a few hours.

Appreciate the help

One last thing, do i upgrade it to 3.0 or should I leave it as 1.1.4?
    Last edited by ACM; 2009-07-07 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hello again. Just stopped by to say my iPhone is working perfectly again. Thanks a lot guys.

Liking the 3.0 look