Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Call Failure/Call Failed on Missed Call

Default Call Failure/Call Failed on Missed Call
    After unlocking my iPhone manually (software unlock), I get the message

Call Failure
    Call Failed

whenever I miss a call. I was wondering if there is any fix for this.

Thanks in advance,
    Travis

i have the same issue.
    the problem is only with numbers that are not stored in addressbook.
    if you get a call from a new number, it will say "call failed" (not "missed call").
    if you to recent calls it's there.

any ideas how to fix this?

*update* now i get the msg on all calls.
    i unlocked my phone with anySIM.
    Last edited by guster; 2007-10-03 at 07:27 PM.

me too

can anyone help us ??

btw i got that message even from ppl in my contact - -"

bump for an answer? i too get the same error

Quote Originally Posted by vii View Post
    bump for an answer? i too get the same error
    Ditto

BUMP!

1.1.3 jailbroken on 1.1.2 BB tmobile of course unlocked with any sim..

this happens on any FW that i have it start mid jan, when the miss call goes into VM it says called failed but if they hang up it displays normal

PLEASE HELP

have an found the the fix for this yet?

Banned
    Thanks

this has ahppended to me ever since 1.0.2....i dont think there is a fix

I've been wondering the same thing, I have 1.1.4 unlocked and jailbroke.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i don't think it has anything to do w/ the unlock... i put in a friends ATT sim and it started showing '[callers name] missed call' and then when i put my Tmobile sim back in the 'call failure' message started again.

whats funny is... when im at work in Seattle, the message comes up consistently after each missed call. but when im at home (20 miles north of Seattle), all the missed calls show as missed calls.

any thoughts?

I also have the same problem with tmobile sim. It's happened with all filmware from 1.02 to 1.1.4 I don't think there is the fix for it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Any Moderator on this site wanna comment or at least confirm there is no fix for this yet??....seems as if this thread has been ignored since the first question monthsssss ago

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i did a small test and yes indeed, as mentioned above..its not a problem with any jailbreak or unlock to the iphone....what i did was swap my tmobile sim and inserted an att sim and called my iphone to see the results......when the call connects to voicemail, it simply shows up on the screen as a missed call...but once i inserted back my tmobile sim and called myself....it showed call failed on the screen....my conclusion , its a problem with tmobile...since the iphone was designed to work with visual voicemail on the att network....it has somekind of interference once it connects with the tmobile voicemail causing it to display call failed..

So is there nothing you can do about this problem?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    u can always edit system strings on customize and put call failure as missed call lol thats what i do it works fine.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dannyjc23 For This Useful Post:

scorpio1973 (2008-06-08)

This isn't just a problem with T-Mobile it may seem. I have a 1.1.1 OTB upgraded to 1.1.4 Jailbroken iPhone on the AT&T network and I seem to have the same issue. Crazy.
    "Count your blessings. Make your blessings count!"

Is that an iPhone in your pocket?

Thanks so much for the "edit string" idea. It worked great! Now, my missed calls display properly.

I'm sorry for being a newbie but I would like to make ththis modification. I came looking for this exact problem. I have a 1.1.4 unlocked with Ziphone. How do you edit the string? I did a search on edit string and a few results came up but I can't honestly figure out what needs to be done.

I don't mind doing some digging but if someone could help me with more detaisl I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

If you go into your Customize App, you will see "Edit System Strings". Select that and you should see (at the top of the page) "Springboard (English)". Select that and now you are in the "Strings" screen. Scroll down until you find "Call Fail" then edit and you are good to go!

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio1973 View Post
    Thanks so much for the "edit string" idea. It worked great! Now, my missed calls display properly.
    how can it be proper... proper is when the callers name/number is shown along with the missed called... editing string just allows you to add "Missed Call" instead of "Call Failed"

PS were all still waiting for a solution........... or at least a reasonable explanation

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast