Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Moving SIM lock to T-Mobile?

Default Moving SIM lock to T-Mobile?
    I recently bought an iPhone in the US, which is of course locked to AT&T. Now I see that T-Mobile in Austria will start selling the iPhone tomorrow. If I bring the phone to them, do you think they will be able to move the lock to their system? I am already a T-Mobile customer, so I could then legally sign up for their service, and have a fully official iPhone!

u can unlock the phone urself

Quote Originally Posted by lonevvolf View Post
    I recently bought an iPhone in the US, which is of course locked to AT&T. Now I see that T-Mobile in Austria will start selling the iPhone tomorrow. If I bring the phone to them, do you think they will be able to move the lock to their system? I am already a T-Mobile customer, so I could then legally sign up for their service, and have a fully official iPhone!
    First of all, they won´t do this.

And, when your phone is sim locked to at&t, go unlock it yourself.

I recommend iPlus2.0. IMO its way better then Ziphone because of the 3.9FBL

and, why would someone pay 50- 60 Euros a month for a period of 2 years having an official iPhone if a unlocked US iPhone works without problems.

BTW I am in Austria too.
    If I could help you with my answer give me a

Well, I understand that I can unlock it - in fact, I already have. The reason I would like to have an official plan, is because 50 euros a month for unlimited data is WAY better than 5 euros per MB without the plan.
    The problem with the unlocks is, they're far from perfect. Ziphone downgrades the bootloader, iPlus installs a fake bootloader which can be returned to normal, but only with difficult and dangerous steps, and other methods downgrade the baseband. I would like to have an official phone, which I can update the day it comes out, and not have to wait to see when the hack will be out, and then worry about bricking it.

That's why I would like to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by lonevvolf View Post
    Well, I understand that I can unlock it - in fact, I already have. The reason I would like to have an official plan, is because 50 euros a month for unlimited data is WAY better than 5 euros per MB without the plan.
    The problem with the unlocks is, they're far from perfect. Ziphone downgrades the bootloader, iPlus installs a fake bootloader which can be returned to normal, but only with difficult and dangerous steps, and other methods downgrade the baseband. I would like to have an official phone, which I can update the day it comes out, and not have to wait to see when the hack will be out, and then worry about bricking it.

That's why I would like to do this.
    Any update?

Did T-Mobile follow your initial request?

If not, and if you´re going to buy an "official" iPhone in Austria and want to get rid of your US one, let me know.
    If I could help you with my answer give me a

Lol...well, I'm not going to really go in and ask. I took a look at their FAQ, and they specifically mention that only iPhones from their stores in Austria will work on the network. So that's out.
    But if you want to buy a used, unlocked iPhone for, oh, let's say €450, maybe we could work something out...