Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G 3.0 Unlocking, No Service with ultrasn0w

Arrow @ TheJoshX
    Mate,

You never did let us know how this ended up, please report back ASAP

I had a lot of problems with my 3G, 3.0 iPhone, ex-Telstra which I was jail breaking to use here in Saudi Arabia.

Long story, make it short, must have been an internet glitch as one day, Cydia just decided to connect and now all is OK.

Thanks, John
    Canadian by birth Australian by choice

i'll be the third person to confirm, if you are using yellowsn0w to get a 3.0 iphone 3g on t-mobile US and you get "no signal" its probably because you have an old sim card. go to the t-mobile store, and kindly ask for a new sim card, they'll probably give it to you for free and then bada bang bada boom 3g is good to go. my sim card was 6 years old at least but worked flawlessly in my 2g. iPhone 3g is different though, as it needs a newer sim. hope that helps someone.

After I upgraded to ultrasn0w v91 I got the no service error but before then I was fine. I have tried restoring to 3.0 & 3.1, jailbreaking using PwnageTool and redsn0w and installing ultrasn0w v91 through Cydia and v6 offline and my signal is still intermittent. My SIM card is only about a year old so I'm pretty sure it's not that. I have no idea what to do now!

Hi, I found a very usefull suggestion on everythingicafé.com!
    It works too, which is nice.
    You have to download Bosspreffs via Cydia, untick all things, then reboot (very important!!!) form Bosspreffs.
    Thenk after reboorting, go to settings, switch airplane mode on and off again, and let your Iphone seach for a network. It takes about a minute or two, so don't be impatient.
    Finally, your network shows up, as if it was never lost!
    Very happy indeed, and Thanks to Uncle Luke out in the icafé!

Default no service due to hardware
    Quote Originally Posted by tw34 View Post
    Here is the only solution / workround to the no Service problem, Switch IPHONE OFF, remove sim and place in a working phone, boot up and place a call to any number eg answer phone, switch off phone place in Iphone boot it back up and within 30 seconds full signal and service provider, warning this needs to be done everytime you switch off, I know it is no ideal but until a fix is issued this will get you working.

Cheers
    TW34
    Iphone 3G no service fix

1. happen to 'no service' after change LCD/Bat/ parts
    2. when no 3G coverage no service happen.
    3. toggle off 3G no service happen
    4. try software method... 1st suspect 3.1 firmware is the culprit.. try many tools and method
    5. mine is factory unlocked version buy from hongkong, running 3.1.2
    6. Try to change sim card.. to another phone.. seem okay..
    7. put diffrenet sim card in the iphone.. same problem
    8. if all software method failed.. open you iphone 3g.. find the copper pin from logic board to the body on the lower part. I solder the pin to the body frame. Whola.. solve the problem

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoshX View Post
    I think I tried this in 2.2 and it might of worked, and I'll try again now. Thank you very much for helping me so far, and I really, really appreciate it that you've taken time out you've day to help me, a frustrated iPhone user.

No, it didn't work. When I did a full format, when it finished (when I checked), it kept rebooting onto the apple logo and freezing with the little (_) thing spinning.

So I put the iPhone into DFU, and restored using iPhone and did all the steps again. No dice.
    Iphone 3G no service fix

1. happen to 'no service' after change LCD/Bat/ parts
    2. when no 3G coverage no service happen.
    3. toggle off 3G no service happen
    4. try software method... 1st suspect 3.1 firmware is the culprit.. try many tools and method
    5. mine is factory unlocked version buy from hongkong, running 3.1.2
    6. Try to change sim card.. to another phone.. seem okay..
    7. put diffrenet sim card in the iphone.. same problem
    8. if all software method failed.. open you iphone 3g.. find the copper pin from logic board to the body on the lower part. I solder the pin to the body frame. Whola.. solve the problem
    Last edited by tokeybudu; 2009-12-26 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Reset Network Settings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12