Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No Sound come out of speakers after a missed call

Default No Sound come out of speakers after a missed call
    so i've no idea if this is a jailbreak issue or something caused from unlocking my 3G. I'm on US T-Mobile and SOMETIMES(happened twice now) when i miss a call i'll get no sound coming out of the earpiece when i try and make a call. Rather it be calling the person back, my voicemail or a different number. Also if i hit speaker phone it doesn't work either, however i can go into my sounds and play a song and it plays fine.

This will continue until i re-spring the phone. Any ideas?

I'm having the same problem, specially when on Silent Mode. I think it is related with one of the Mobile Substrate extensions I have installed. I just don't know which one. Maybe it's not an specific extension, but the ammount of extensions running at the same time, I don't know... But if I go into safe mode everything comes back to normal...

Default I have the exact same issue!
    If I miss a call and I try to use the phone I can't hear anything and other side can't hear me! I have to respring to go back to normal... anyone have any ideas?

I'm having the same problem but with the factory carrier. And even more weird is when I miss a call the incomming call screen stays on my phone until the next time I slide to unlock and then automatically calls that person back! Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Josheesh View Post
    I'm having the same problem but with the factory carrier. And even more weird is when I miss a call the incomming call screen stays on my phone until the next time I slide to unlock and then automatically calls that person back! Any ideas?
    My problem is identical to yours... but my iPhone is jailbroken...

i'm having the same issue as well, in fact i just made a post about this in a different section...i'm j/b with redsnow,ultrasn0w, on tmobile...mine too just started doing this, only a reboot with fix it for me, but it seems to happen at least once a day, but becoming more frequent...i've restored/rejailbroke 4 times already with no fix

Yes, I forgot to mention that I am jailbroken. Redsn0w on Vista 64. And I can verify the a respring does fix mine. But I'm not sure if a missed call is what triggers it, but it does seem like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Josheesh View Post
    ya i have that issue too with the missed call staying on the screen. i should of mentioned that but i didn't in this thread, i did in the 3.0 unlock thread tho.

Have any of you tried reloading 3.0? i haven't yet but thought about it. Kinda glad i'm not the only one with this issue

Don't worry, I'm sure we can figure this out. Ok, I tested out missing some calls this morning and the issue is not happening, maybe it fixed itself, but somehow i doubt it ;-). EfremMartins mentioned Mobile Substrate so here is my version and dependencies;
    Mobile Substrate v. 0.9.2941-1
    Dependencies;
    Backgrounder
    Calculator Widget
    CyDelete
    Deep HUD (SBSettings theme)
    PreferenceLoader*
    Rogers Carrier (status bar carrier logo)
    Safari Download Toggle
    SBSettings
    Un-Unlockable (winterboard lockscreen mod)
    WeatherIcon
    WebViewController*
    Winterboard

The ones with the * I have not installed, I guess they came with other packages. I have been hearing that people have been having trouble with status bar mods. I'm wondering if it has something to do with changing my carrier logo?
    p.s. If you want to see what packages have mobile substrate dependencies, take the first step in Cydia to un-install it, copy the list and then cancel the un-install.

>>EDIT>> I guess it did not fix itself, the next call I received I could not get any audio and called my voicemail shortly after and also could not get any audio. Then I re-sprung my phone and it crashed into safe mode, re-sprung again, and now its working... Does anyone have the "Anti-Bricker" on their phone. If this is a mobile substrate problem maybe the anti-bricker can detect it...
    Last edited by Josheesh; 2009-06-29 at 07:24 PM. Reason: New Developments
    YNWA

What is this "anti-bricker"?

Josheesh,

The only things I have installed that you have installed are:
    SBSettings
    Un-Unlockable (winterboard lockscreen mod)
    WeatherIcon
    Winterboard

What's everyone else have installed? My gf's phone which I unlocked using my computer and same process as my phone doesn't lock up. Of the 4 listed, she only does not have WeatherIcon... I'm going to try to uninstall that and see if it works.

ronn888,

In common we have:
    SBSettings
    WeatherIcon
    Winterboard

Perhaps is WeatherIcon that is causing this?

i have the following third party apps on my phone:

sbssettings
    winterboard
    categories
    intelliscreen
    rock app
    rock extn
    insomnia

hmm maybe we can all find a common program that could be causing the problems

ok here's my list:
    Weather Icon - i HAD weather icon but removed it as it doesn't seem to work on 3.0 for me
    AppSync
    BossPrefs
    Categories
    Cycorder
    Dtunes
    5-Icon Dock
    Ilocalis
    OpenSSh
    SBSettings
    SpoofApp
    WinterBoard - Mostly Custom things like icons, lock screen, etc

I also have my Carrier icon changed to a custom string from a tweak from 2.x, it carried over from the backup. I can't remember what that tweak was though

WOW... okay i have the problem even w/o the missed call. i'll pick up a call and NO sound, but they can hear me (and have heard me flip out). i'll call vmail, cant hear and no speakerphone either! i am t-mo j/b with pwnagetool on mac osx. i have winterboard, weather icon (uninstalled), categories, bossprefs

if i don't work on the car tonight i'll restore my phone and only unlock it, nothing else in cydia and see if i still have the problem

so far after I unstalled weathericon I have not had the issue. Only time will tell

Same here. So far so good, weathericon was updated today so maybe it's working again.

i never installed weathericon on 3.0, but i'm still having the call issues, in fact it just happened again bout an hour ago, had to reboot...i too think i'm gunna go a few days with out catagories and winterboard and see what's up...

I restored and re/jb, and unlocked....i kept winterboard and catagories off my phone, but did install sbsettings back on...going on 24 hours now with no problems yet...
    Last edited by lunercrab; 2009-07-01 at 11:03 PM.

I'm having the same problem, people are calling me and it's not even ringing/vibrating. If I answer it is just silent and when I call back its the same. I have to reboot the phone to make a call. It's so frustrating.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast