Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is The 3.0 Upgrade Worth It?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Smile Is The 3.0 Upgrade Worth It?
    I upgraded my 2G and then my 3G and being old (former programmer) it was stressful! Now the 3.0 upgrade is here....is it worth it? I use T-mobile and wifi for everything and I am happy. Now comes this upgrade. Does this upgrade work with my Yellowsn0w phone, or is it still a problem? I have plenty of apps that work fine. But this is what I still want (need); to see video on Hulu, to keep Safari from shutting down prematurely, maybe a stronger phone signal and an easy sync with my computer.
    Again, is it worth it???

iPhone? More like MyPhone GADeputy's Avatar
    Thanks

In my opinion, NO, it's not worth it. The only problem is that if you don't upgrade you won't be able to run a lot of the newer apps that are coming out. You definitely won't be able to run any of the GPS apps.

no not really, no real improvements from the previous firmware, although I find the search feature useful but you can get something similiar in cydia.

Hulu won't work because it needs Flash.
    Safari should be better but your signal strength might improve but might not.
    FW3.0 includes lots of extra features such as search , Cut & Paste and MMS and is a nicer experience. You could upgrade and use UltraSn0w but if you find it a pain to upgrade and are happy with what you have you don't need too.
    if you do upgrade you would need to do a clean install and not restore from a backup so it might be more hassle than it's worth to you.
    Personally I've upgraded and love FW 3.0.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.