Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PLEASE HELP Go Phone as iPhone

Default PLEASE HELP Go Phone as iPhone
    Hi Everyone,

I have recently purchased a previously activated iPhone 3G off of craigslist. I then purchased a AT&T GoPhone and had the sim card activated.

I took the sim card out of the GoPhone and put it in the iPhone. All it has said for 24 hours is "waiting for activation, this could take a while".

I am running the official 3.0 release.

I have also have jailbroken the phone.

Is there ANYTHING I can do to get the iPhone to recognize the pay as you go sim card?

If none of this can work is there anything I can do to get this phone on Verizon?

ANY help would be much appreciated!

iPhone? More like MyPhone madrich's Avatar
    Thanks

I do not believe AT&T allows prepaid for iphones anymore.

No Verizon either.
    Last edited by madrich; 2009-06-25 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nyrhythm View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I have recently purchased a previously activated iPhone 3G off of craigslist. I then purchased a AT&T GoPhone and had the sim card activated.

I took the sim card out of the GoPhone and put it in the iPhone. All it has said for 24 hours is "waiting for activation, this could take a while".

I am running the official 3.0 release.

I have also have jailbroken the phone.

Is there ANYTHING I can do to get the iPhone to recognize the pay as you go sim card?

If none of this can work is there anything I can do to get this phone on Verizon?

ANY help would be much appreciated!
    you have to jailbreak it with the pay as you go SIM in the iphone during the jailbreak process.

Iphone 3G, Mac Book, Ipad Mini, Vista, Windows 7

I did the jailbreak with the pay as you go sim card in it...got nothing.

I did the jailbreak with the pay as you go sim card in it...got nothing.
    I would do a restore to 3.0 and then jailbreak it again with the SIM in it. It won't work on Verizon. You have to use a GSM network. Either ATT or Tmobile. Do you know if the seller used a jailbreak and what method? What method did you use? I don't have a 3G but ultrasn0w seems to be the way to go. I can point you to some videos on youtube that might help. But sometimes you gotta do a do over.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxML7FkwfgE]YouTube - How To Unlock Your iPhone 3G On NEW 3.0 Firmware With Ultrasnow[/ame]

Thanks

Get a Tmobile prepaid sim card and JB + unlock it.

I used redsnow to jailbreak it and the video you posted ronzo, that is the exact video I used to unlock it. Anything I can try?

Thanks

I used redsnow to jailbreak it and the video you posted ronzo, that is the exact video I used to unlock it. Anything I can try?
    http://--- dot.tuaw.com/2009/06/15/atandt-to-discontinue-prepaid-iphone-plans/

yes but that is for their prepaid plans for iphones they were selling. This is a prepaid card that I put in an iphone,

one thing you might try first is if you know someone with ATT or Tmobile, ask them if you can put their SIM in your phone for a test. If it works, then you know for sure it's the SIM card. And if it's true that they somehow are able to block ATT pay as you go SIMS, then it might be worth your while to buy a Tmobile. You can get them pretty cheap for like $20 and I think you can just buy a Tmobile SIM and just have it activated to a pay as you go. I used an ATT pay as you go SIM from day one on my 2G but switched to Tmobile just a few months ago and am using their pay as you go SIM.

Thanks

Have you tried using your hacktivating your iPhone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Okay I use the GoPhone sim in my Iphone. It is real easy. Activate the sim card in the cheap go phone and then insert it in the iphone. The phone does not have to be jailbroken.

I activated my ATT Go Phone prepaid plan sim card in my iPhone but my phone was already jailbroken for Tmobile.