Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to 3g 3.o jailbreak and unlock to sale on ebay?

Default How to 3g 3.o jailbreak and unlock to sale on ebay?
    I have a 3g 3.0 iphone. I have jailbroken it and ran ultrasnow to unlock it. I am on AT&T and don't know what I should do to clean off my account info before shipping it. do I need to rejailbreak and unlock if so what are the steps? do I need to take out the sim before unlocking? any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by revroy View Post
    I have a 3g 3.0 iphone. I have jailbroken it and ran ultrasnow to unlock it. I am on AT&T and don't know what I should do to clean off my account info before shipping it. do I need to rejailbreak and unlock if so what are the steps? do I need to take out the sim before unlocking? any help would be appreciated.
    Go on you iphone and hit settings-general-reset. You will have some options to choose from. Pick the one that is relevant to you. If this is not what you want then you will need to reset all settings, and then re j/b and unlock your phone. I am not sure what settings you want to get rid of, but this may be able to help.

Don't forget to hit the thanks button!

Good Luck!
    Give me some free... Free! Which way is to... Give me some free...

He asked my exact question, but your answer isn't quite clear enough for me. I'll try to clarify: I want to sell a JB/UL phone on ebay. If I go through those (settings/general/reset/erase all content and settings), does that undo the JB/UL?

If not, GREAT! Stop reading here.

If it does, can I JB/UL without syncing to iTunes?

Thanks
    Just restore your iPhone in iTunes 8.2 with version 3.0
    Then jailbreak it again and then unlock again.
    Then you have a fresh iPhone with no user information.
    You can sell..

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MuggeGHQ For This Useful Post:

abelgoddard (2009-06-26), amusic (2009-06-26)

I am about to do the same thing.
    Thanks it is helpful. I gotta get that 3GS one so I need money.

Thanks! I agree with amusic - gotta get funds for my habit.

Ha! Woohoo! I listed my phone on ebay less than 7 hours ago, and it's sold! 3GS, here I come!
    Last edited by abelgoddard; 2009-06-26 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

how much do you expect to get for 3G..
    My upgrade price for 3GS is 399 .. may be if I could sell 3G for ~300 I can upgrade

I got $350, plus $20 for international shipping.

I just got home from running around to AT&T & Apple stores, with no 3GS to show for it. Not because they were out of stock (AT&T was, Apple wasn't), but because all I had previously heard about me being eligible to upgrade was that if I had bought my 3G between July and September 2008, I was eligible. Here's the problem: they're laying on another qualification. You have to have an average bill of $99 of services (tax not included) PER LINE in order to still qualify. Even the AT&T CSR I talked to said they're crazy because nobody can even really do that on a family plan (like me).

Here's another thing, though. A friend of mine went to a different AT&T store and they upgraded him with no problem, and his total bill every month (including taxes) is still under $99. So, I think the Apple store may have their hands tied, but AT&T stores might be able to swing it for you. My plan is to hit up that same AT&T store my friend went to, and see if they'll give me the $299 price for the 32gb. Failing that, I'll attempt some other AT&T stores.

If everything fails, I gotta refund my buyer's money, cuz I just can't throw down an extra $200 for the phone right now. I'll have to eat the eBay fees (totaling $27.50).

So, overall, I'm getting a bit pissed off at the stupid situation, but I haven't blown a gasket yet. The CSR guy was really nice about the whole thing, and even gave me a credit of $25 on my bill because I didn't take it out on him. I guess that kinda offsets my eBay bill, so I might ultimately only be out time and $2.50.

Of course I'd rather have the 3GS after all this hassle, though.

+$20 for international shipping?
    I would be VERY wary of selling a phone internationally.
    I hope you haven't been conned.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

how about using this.. microsoft subsidizes iPhone... you might end up making some money and upgrading to 3GS.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-...phone-3gs.html

Except the cashback is only for new contracts NOT upgrades...
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    +$20 for international shipping?
    I would be VERY wary of selling a phone internationally.
    I hope you haven't been conned.
    Conned how? I set the price to ship it. The guy paid by Paypal (the only way). I don't see how the buyer can con the seller?

Update about the AT&T store: still out of luck. I still have no idea how my friend got to upgrade, but they told me no dice. Another friend actually DID qualify, using their rules, but only after getting a supervisor to approve it because he had averaged over $100/month over the last 12 even though he recently scaled back and was running at $95/month. Friend #2 suggested calling them up and asking how friend #1 was upgradeable but I'm not. I'll do that tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure I'll have to have friend #1 there to allow them to compare our accounts. Maybe I'll just wear them down and they'll upgrade me just to get me to shut up.

I think this is my last card, though. If that doesn't work, I'll have to let it go. Unless anybody else has any ideas?
    Last edited by abelgoddard; 2009-06-28 at 08:07 AM. Reason: adding more info

Quote Originally Posted by abelgoddard View Post
    Conned how? I set the price to ship it. The guy paid by Paypal (the only way). I don't see how the buyer can con the seller?
    There are many cons - which is why most people stipulate that they will not ship abroad.

Which country are you shipping too? If you are being asked to ship to an African country you can be 99% certain you will never see the money.

Check your PayPal account and do not ship until you are certain the money is there, make sure you get proof of delivery and even then you should not be surprised if you get a dispute.

There are so many scams that they outweigh legitimate buyers to a point where most people just will not sell a phone to a buyer in a different country.

I hope I am proved wrong and yours is legitimate.

Good luck!

Well, I set the auction Buy it Now to require payment, and my account shows the money (not as pending - Paypal took their $15 chunk). He's in Hungary. The other times I shipped int'l (for other merch, not a phone) I used USPS and as I recall it was just ship and pray, cuz they wouldn't/couldn't insure/guarantee. I suppose I can ship UPS or FedEx, which might provide 'signature required' service?

The point is moot, really, for now, until I can persuade AT&T to let me upgrade. Shipping int'l is one of those bridges I'll cross when I come to it.

If he's already bought the phone you have to ship it, what's AT&T letting you upgrade got to do with it?

If AT&T doesn't let me upgrade, I'm keeping my phone. That won't make anybody happy, clearly, but the buyer will get his money back and won't be out anything but a few days and I'll be out my eBay fees and risk negative feedback. I just can't afford to spend an extra $200 right now, so that's the position I'm in.

I made a mistake by selling before upgrading, and am willing to pay the price.

It is not your phone, you have sold it in a legally binding contract. If I was the buyer I would sue you.

It is people like you that get eBay a bad name.

Thanks. Preciate that. Moron.

AS I SAID: I made a mistake. I will pay the price. In this case, that price is mostly my time and frustration, but possibly negative feedback.

I have well over 400 positive ebay transactions, and you think this one auction gives all of ebay a bad name? Yeah, try again.
    Last edited by abelgoddard; 2009-06-28 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I've never been called a Moron before
    But it's no more than I expect from a crook like you.

Again? HOW am I a crook? I'll be refunding his money, he's not losing anything. _I_ am the one losing out, here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast