Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No Push Notifications for T-Mobile USA?

Default No Push Notifications for T-Mobile USA?
    Installed BeeJive 3.0 With Push Notifications, turned on notifications on my iPhone but no go. Are they AT&T only?

There's discussion on this over at BigBoss. Apparently, you have to restore to 3.0, hunt down an AT&T customer, pop in their SIM to legitimately activate your phone, and then it will work. I'm having the same issue right now and plan to meet up with an AT&T friend tomorrow to get it fixed.

I had an old ATT sim around and I tried it and it worked. The sim isn't even activated. I restored and jailbreaked while the att sim was in. Worked nicely

Quote Originally Posted by arram View Post
    I had an old ATT sim around and I tried it and it worked. The sim isn't even activated. I restored and jailbreaked while the att sim was in. Worked nicely
    Is your phone a 2G or 3G?

Hmm, the guy I bought my 3G from left his AT&T SIM - I'll put it in and see what happens. Thanks :-)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mrgermy For This Useful Post:

Painkiller7536 (2009-06-28)

Quote Originally Posted by mrgermy View Post
    Hmm, the guy I bought my 3G from left his AT&T SIM - I'll put it in and see what happens. Thanks :-)
    It should work, thats what i did. The guy left his ATT SIM so i used it to Activate my phone

Confirmed that using an ATT SIM to activate works.

How exactly did you manage to activate your iPhones using ATT SIM? I have two ATT SIMs, but when I try to activate my iPhone 2G with any of them, iTunes asks me to choose data plan, enter my credit card and social number, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by munst0r View Post
    How exactly did you manage to activate your iPhones using ATT SIM? I have two ATT SIMs, but when I try to activate my iPhone 2G with any of them, iTunes asks me to choose data plan, enter my credit card and social number, etc...
    Unfortunately the ATT SIM fix only works for the 3G. I'm in the same boat with my girlfriends 2G and unfortunately there isn't a fix for us yet.

PUSH WITH T MOBILE ON 3G ONLY

Hello, after Jailbreaking and unlocking my 3G, all was working great except PUSH. I was contemplating redoing everything and following the guide on here to get it to work…I decided to go for it. I will try to put a more detailed guide here to help people who are a bit scared or on the fence about it. After taking the following steps, all should work fine. i.e. MMS, strong signal, PUSH and so forth. I did this yesterday and I haven’t had one problem so far and my battery life is on par with pre jailbreak.

1. Download Redsn0w…I used 7.2 version

2. Download the 3.0 ISPW and put it in a folder on your desktop. (so you can find it easily)

3. this is key…Get a WORKING or NON-working AT&T sim card from a buddy.

NOW…….

1.RESTORE your 3G through I tunes, or you can do SHIFT/RESTORE and grab the firmware that you have already downloaded for Redsn0w.
    Once you have a RESTORED 3G,

2. Activate the 3G (with working or non working AT&T sim still in phone)…When prompted, SET UP AS A NEW PHONE!
    (screen will say “ACTIVATING PHONE, THIS MAY TAKE A WHILE” YOU CAN DISMISS IT ON THE SCREEN

3. Now Jailbreak with Redsn0w (leave AT&T sim in)

4. I would only install Cydia. (Heard that by installing CYDIA and Icy causes problems)

5. IMPORTANT…Turn 3G off NOW. (still leave AT&T sim in)

6. Connect to a wifi network and run CYDIA and let it perform essential upgrades. (typically Cydia will close after updating, just reopen when it finishes)

7. Now it’s time to UNLOCK, need to add the repo666.ultrasn0w.com to Cydia.
    (To do this, go to manage–sources–edit(top right)–add (top left)when screen pops up, put in repo.666.ultrasn0w.com and press ADD SOURCE. Then cydia will add Ultrasn0w to your CHANGES section at the bottom of Cydia.

8. Once Ultrasn0w is installed….Almost there!

9. Shut down the phone, take AT&T sim out, replace with T-Mobile and restart the phone!

UNLOCKED 3G, with MMS and PUSH.

DO NOT NOT NOT restore from an old backup!!!!!

At this point you can sync your music, apps…
    To test push download AIM (free version works just fine)
    Here are some common setting for T-Mobile
    go to Settings–General–Network–Cellular Data…

MMS
    APN: Wap.voicestream.com
    MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 215.155.165.50:8080
    All others you can leave blank.

REBOOT after making these changes for them to take place.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scariola For This Useful Post:

iphonen00b89 (2009-07-02), yahoowizard (2009-06-30)

Quote Originally Posted by scariola View Post
    PUSH WITH T MOBILE ON 3G ONLY

Hello, after Jailbreaking and unlocking my 3G, all was working great except PUSH. I was contemplating redoing everything and following the guide on here to get it to work…I decided to go for it. I will try to put a more detailed guide here to help people who are a bit scared or on the fence about it. After taking the following steps, all should work fine. i.e. MMS, strong signal, PUSH and so forth. I did this yesterday and I haven’t had one problem so far and my battery life is on par with pre jailbreak.

1. Download Redsn0w…I used 7.2 version

2. Download the 3.0 ISPW and put it in a folder on your desktop. (so you can find it easily)

3. this is key…Get a WORKING or NON-working AT&T sim card from a buddy.

NOW…….

1.RESTORE your 3G through I tunes, or you can do SHIFT/RESTORE and grab the firmware that you have already downloaded for Redsn0w.
    Once you have a RESTORED 3G,

2. Activate the 3G (with working or non working AT&T sim still in phone)…When prompted, SET UP AS A NEW PHONE!
    (screen will say “ACTIVATING PHONE, THIS MAY TAKE A WHILE” YOU CAN DISMISS IT ON THE SCREEN

3. Now Jailbreak with Redsn0w (leave AT&T sim in)

4. I would only install Cydia. (Heard that by installing CYDIA and Icy causes problems)

5. IMPORTANT…Turn 3G off NOW. (still leave AT&T sim in)

6. Connect to a wifi network and run CYDIA and let it perform essential upgrades. (typically Cydia will close after updating, just reopen when it finishes)

7. Now it’s time to UNLOCK, need to add the repo666.ultrasn0w.com to Cydia.
    (To do this, go to manage–sources–edit(top right)–add (top left)when screen pops up, put in repo.666.ultrasn0w.com and press ADD SOURCE. Then cydia will add Ultrasn0w to your CHANGES section at the bottom of Cydia.

8. Once Ultrasn0w is installed….Almost there!

9. Shut down the phone, take AT&T sim out, replace with T-Mobile and restart the phone!

UNLOCKED 3G, with MMS and PUSH.

DO NOT NOT NOT restore from an old backup!!!!!

At this point you can sync your music, apps…
    To test push download AIM (free version works just fine)
    Here are some common setting for T-Mobile
    go to Settings–General–Network–Cellular Data…

MMS
    APN: Wap.voicestream.com
    MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 215.155.165.50:8080
    All others you can leave blank.

REBOOT after making these changes for them to take place.

Bam.