Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cannot restore (tried multiple options)

Default Cannot restore (tried multiple options)
    Okay I have a 16GB iphone that I unlocked directed OTB with ZiPhone through Do it All!! version 2.5c and i did this for a friend and he told me that his phone just froze and now that I have the iphone, its on restore mode.

So I used ZiPhone again and did a refurbish but then i left it connected for 15min-20min. and nothing happened...all i get is the restore mode on the iPhone still.

Therefore I though I go into iTunes and do a normal restore (where it downloaded 1.1.4 etc.). But once I tried to restore it through itunes i get unknown error occurred (9).....???

I tried to look up error 9 on apple but no luck, as well i tried to look it up on hackint0sh and here of course and found nothing.

P.S. I also tried SHIFT+RESTORE and tried it on 1.1.1, 1.1.2, and 1.1.3 and nothing i keep getting either error 1, error 5, and error 9!!!

Oh and i also tried using iBrick and used the BOOT THE IPHONE option and the iphone color was GREEN! but then again itunes restore doesnt work so i'm absolutely stuck

Quote Originally Posted by Top-Fuel View Post
    Okay I have a 16GB iphone that I unlocked directed OTB with ZiPhone through Do it All!! version 2.5c and i did this for a friend and he told me that his phone just froze and now that I have the iphone, its on restore mode.

So I used ZiPhone again and did a refurbish but then i left it connected for 15min-20min. and nothing happened...all i get is the restore mode on the iPhone still.

Therefore I though I go into iTunes and do a normal restore (where it downloaded 1.1.4 etc.). But once I tried to restore it through itunes i get unknown error occurred (9).....???

I tried to look up error 9 on apple but no luck, as well i tried to look it up on hackint0sh and here of course and found nothing.

P.S. I also tried SHIFT+RESTORE and tried it on 1.1.1, 1.1.2, and 1.1.3 and nothing i keep getting either error 1, error 5, and error 9!!!

Oh and i also tried using iBrick and used the BOOT THE IPHONE option and the iphone color was GREEN! but then again itunes restore doesnt work so i'm absolutely stuck
    ok, if i understand correctly you have performed the process with all its steps and when you are done you boot into the recovery mode. right?. if that is it, you can use a number of tools to boot the phone out of recovery and into normal operation. such tools are iBrickr and newly realeased iLiberty there are more but cant recall at the moment.
    Last edited by richelmontro; 2008-03-13 at 03:37 AM.

I tried iBrickr before posting this and same problem but i some how found the solution......after trying all most all possible solutions "possible".....I changed computers and downloaded the 1.1.4 and did a SHIFT+RESTORE for 1.1.4 on another computer and it worked perfectly fine for some reason.

So for those we have encountered the same problem such as error 9 (I still dont' know what it means).....trying restoring on another computer.

try the do all in ziphone again

Maybe it was due to an older version of iTunes? I had a problem once with almost the exact same thing, all I did was upgrade the iTunes, restored, and voila.

yeah, i would suggest restoring it on another computer, or maybe create another account on your computer and try that. i can never seem to restore successfully with my own computer but it would always work with another computer

Personally seems ZiPhone has caused my problems for me than any other software unlock because I've done only two phones with ZiPhone and both having the same problems.......iphone seems to just freeze on them for no reason.

I've had a iphone since 1.0.2 and have been through multiple software unlocks, but this time i thought i'd try the new iPlus2.0 (which i know uses ZiPhone as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Top-Fuel View Post
    Personally seems ZiPhone has caused my problems for me than any other software unlock because I've done only two phones with ZiPhone and both having the same problems.......iphone seems to just freeze on them for no reason.

I've had a iphone since 1.0.2 and have been through multiple software unlocks, but this time i thought i'd try the new iPlus2.0 (which i know uses ZiPhone as well).
    Try iPlus2.0 its the better choice ATM.

It uses AFAIK the bootstrap code from ziPhone 2.4.

I had some problems after ziphone so I deceided to try iPlus2.0 and voila, no more problems like freezing iPhone or stuff like that the touch screen isnt responding...
    If I could help you with my answer give me a

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Atow i say again-YOU ARE A NOOB. He need to restore in DFU Mode to 1.1.4 firmware and then use Ziphone. iPlus is ****!

Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPie View Post
    Atow i say again-YOU ARE A NOOB. He need to restore in DFU Mode to 1.1.4 firmware and then use Ziphone. iPlus is ****!
    Are you Zibri? Disguised here to check things out?

AND there is a way beside ziphone to get your phone into DFU mode...
    Last edited by AotW; 2008-03-16 at 04:49 PM.

Thanks

Not im not zibri . And are you Elite/Dev team? Yes there are - MANUALLY. I suggest you do with Ziphone caurse youre a noob,sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPie View Post
    Not im not zibri . And are you Elite/Dev team? Yes there are - MANUALLY. I suggest you do with Ziphone caurse youre a noob,sorry!
    I dont need ziphone because I know how to enter DFU mode manually.
    If he wants to try iPlus its his choice.

The payload is another good option in iPlus. Ziphone can make coffee

Everything said, no more flames, please.

Thanks

But I suggest him to use Ziphone... I hate iPlus!