Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2.2 -> 3.0

Thanks

Default 2.2 -> 3.0
    Hello,

Sorry about this question. I have searched in the forums and Google, but all the answers point out to previous versions. I am running a 3G with 2.2 firmware and iTunes 8.2. When I try to upgrade to 3.0, I get the error in iTunes saying the SIM card is not compatible with your iPhone. I do the airplane mode thing, and restart the phone. Then iTunes only gives me the option to upgrade to 2.2.1. Do I have to go through 2 jb's and 2 unlocks to get 3.0?

I know there is a tutorial in the news forums, but this has not been useful to me as I cannot upgrade to 3.0 from iTunes. FYI, my 3G iPhone is unlocked and jailbroken (I use T-mobile).

Thank you.

In Itunes, go to Help/Check for Updates. It should find the new 3.0 update and prompt you to download and install it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hellbone For This Useful Post:

adp (2009-06-23)

You need to download redsnow and 3.0 to your pc! here is a link http://www.modmyi.com/forums/redsn0w...w-windows.html you need to read it very carfully and do it to the t......

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

I would say place the phone in Airplane mode, then update to 2.2.1. Then, update to 3.0. Then run redsn0w, which Jailbreaks it, then download Ultrasn0w from Cydia. The source is repo666.ultrsn0w.com.

Hope it helps!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hellbone View Post
    In Itunes, go to Help/Check for Updates. It should find the new 3.0 update and prompt you to download and install it.
    This solution worked for me just fine...Thanks!