Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile unlocked using ultrasn0w - can't make/receive calls or send texts

I am having the same problem with Vodafone spain SIM, canīt make or recieve calls but I can send and recieve SMS, with an Orange Spain SIM all works perfect. I have tried everything with no success.

Install Fuzzyband with Cydia and you will see yours bootloader it is 06.20, mine is that one and I think ultrasn0w doesnīt work with some SIMs (like Vodafone ES and T-Mobile Uk) running under that bootloader.

We are stuck until Dev-team updates ultrasn0w

I'm a lucky one, i have the 5.08 loader so i can downgrade basebands.

i have downgraded basebands and firmwares and nothing works.

im at a dead end with it all now

The Dev Team's blog is Dev-Team Blog where there is a comments section which the Dev Team read - I am a moderator there so you can rest assured the Dev Team do know of the few people still having problems.

The vast majority of problems are now caused by either user error or phones having been bought as 'unlocked' and actually having a piggyback SIM soldered onside.

@Enve19 - if your phone works with your Orange SIM then it is unlocked, UltraSn0w is not carrier specific, it either works or it doesn't and if you can use Orange it has worked. It sounds like a problem with your T-Mobile SIM, can you try another one? I myself use T-Mobile in the UK so can assure you it does work.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by juatmac View Post
    Install Fuzzyband with Cydia and you will see yours bootloader it is 06.20, mine is that one and I think ultrasn0w doesnīt work with some SIMs (like Vodafone ES and T-Mobile Uk) running under that bootloader.

We are stuck until Dev-team updates ultrasn0w
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    The Dev Team's blog is Dev-Team Blog where there is a comments section which the Dev Team read - I am a moderator there so you can rest assured the Dev Team do know of the few people still having problems.

The vast majority of problems are now caused by either user error or phones having been bought as 'unlocked' and actually having a piggyback SIM soldered onside.

@Enve19 - if your phone works with your Orange SIM then it is unlocked, UltraSn0w is not carrier specific, it either works or it doesn't and if you can use Orange it has worked. It sounds like a problem with your T-Mobile SIM, can you try another one? I myself use T-Mobile in the UK so can assure you it does work.
    I am having major issues with this aswell, its now not recognising a 02 sim that i put in it (no service), it recognises the t-mobile sim, but i cant call out etc. it worked on the orange sim only. ive got the same baseband as jutmac and need it to work on t-mobile uk

its so frustrating. confucious are the dev team working on a fix for this or see it as a issue?

I know this is not the answer you want to hear but...

UltraSn0w works for 99.9% of people that try it, the failures are minuscule compared to the number of people using it. Please don't get me wrong, the Dev Team want a 100% success rate but out of all the failures most were either user error or caused by having a 'piggyback' SIM soldered inside - I know that seems strange but they far outweigh the number of people still with problems.

It is very difficult to know where to go from here. What are the Dev team supposed to look at? Other people with the same BL and same networks have had no problem. Short of having your phone and trying my SIM I really don't know what to do, it could be user error or a faulty SIM or something else. When an Orange SIM works and a T-mobile SIM doesn't it really suggests a faulty SIM.

I do not know what I could suggest to the Dev Team to look at - sorry
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

confuscious can you explain what you mean by piggyback sim???

i myself have connection issues also, and i dont understand how the 1st ultrasnow release worked perfectly, even push and mms was working, my problems began when i updated to 8 and then 9

i dont think its error in the hacking tools, i suspect i did something incorrectly, but after a few restores and red+ultra i now get no service and lost network connect when b4 all i had was a jumpy signal that came n went but always said tmobile

iphone 3g, 3.0.1/ on 2.2.1 i used a Gevey 3g. 3.0 ultrasnow since release.

what could i have done wrong? restore, set up as new phone,done that

I honestly think that ultrasn0w doesnīt have the success than previously get AnySim, Bootneuter or similar, you only need to read the multiple post in Dev-team blog with problems of "no service", "no wifi", "canīt call out", etc... 99% of success is pretty optimistic.

Of course we canīt get angry because we are getting our iphones unlock for free, but for now, some versions of Iphone with the newer bootloaders still canīt run correctly under ultrasn0w with some specific carriers.

And I think sometimes is an user problem but others there isnīt, for example, since I get the first Iphone EDGE I have restored,DFU,update,unlock,jailbreak,etc,... I have done that process in my Iphone and friendīs ones so is not my first time unlocking Iphones. For my Iphone 3G Iīve done the whole process several times, downgrade ultrasn0w, make Iphone Genuine before the jailbreak,reset network settings, etc...

Mine doesnīt have "piggySIM" inside (itīs a NEW Iphone 3G from Movistar Spain!!!, how can they sell me in that way!!, I want to use it with another SIM!!!), so I think my problem is the last bootloader 6.02, there isnīt a problem with the Vodafone SIM because this SIM works perfect in my Iphone EDGE and other phones and Iīve tried other Vodafoneīs SIMs with the same negative results. More frustrating is discover that the official SIM (Movistar) doesnīt work either when the Iphone is under ultrasn0w.

I clearly can afirm that Ultrasn0w have problems with some combinations of bootloaders + some carriers (T-Mobile UK/Vodafone ES) and this problem is not a user problem making the unlock process.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    922 is actually the last week in May (not that makes any difference.

Does your T-Mobile SIM work in any other phone? it's not a data only SIM?
    the only thing that seems to work
    on the issue is turning of the push
    on the mail setting

SO is there any solutions to get the iphone to work despite all the other efforts tried? Mine is still not working

What have you tried?
    The vast majority of people with problems have had them solved.

i have tried jailbreaking it then unlocked it with ultrasnow, tried turning push data off and 3g off, tried putting o2 sim card in the iphone and back with the t-mobile. Tried putting t-mobile sim in another phone and it works perfectly...

What SIM did you have in it when you JB? Does it work with either SIM? What problems have you got?

there was no sim in the phone while it was jail broken..i have no other problems execpt unable to make calls and text.

So Internet works and you have a data connection? With your T-Mobile SIM?
    Have you reset your network settings?

yes I do have internet with my sim and yes did the reset network also..thanks

Restore in iTunes and set up as a new phone your phone with your T-Mobile SIM in it, set up a s a new phone and run RedSn0w with the SIM in then install. UltraSn0w.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

wilsyzy (2009-09-05)

ok i'll get on it now...will update once its done..thank you

hey there confucious I did exactly what u did from restoration to redsnow till ultrasnow with the sim inside the phone..rebooted it twice but the its still the same..please advice...thanks
    Last edited by wilsyzy; 2009-09-05 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

is the phone making calls properly with the o2 sim card?
    If it does, I remember I was working on a friends 3g, and for some reason his wifi would never work. restore to stock, re jailbreak, no wifi. do it again, same results. But putting the device into dfu mode, then restoring to stock, then rejailbreaking seemed to fix his wifi issues. I know this has nothing to do with your issues, but maybe it'll work for you.
    Last edited by babyblue_pimp; 2009-09-05 at 06:26 PM.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to babyblue_pimp For This Useful Post:

wilsyzy (2009-09-05)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast