Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Reseting Unlocked/Jailbroken Iphone 2G

Default Reseting Unlocked/Jailbroken Iphone 2G
    I have an unlocked/jailbroken iphone 2g with 2.2.1 software. All was well until I tried to reset the data to clear everything out for someone to use. It now freezes on the pineapple logo and isn't recognized in iTunes. Help!!!!!!!

You need to put the phone that has the pinapple spinning into dfu mode. hold the power button and the home button together (approximately 5sec) and you should see the usb and the itunes logo. Once this happens restore the iphone in itunes. After restoring, go ahead and j/b unlock or whatever your iphone desires. This will solve the problem. (I am a windows user just for the record) Don't forget to hit the thanks button!!!! GL
    Give me some free... Free! Which way is to... Give me some free...

i also have the same probelm with my iphone 2g and i am a windows users.
    my phone is jailbroekn and i tried to reset the data to clear everything.
    and then it swithced off and now i try putting it on and it goes on to the apple logo and keeps swithcing off and wont charge.plus my phone comes on when i put the usb in but itunes is not recognizing it. please could you help me out,do i have to keep hold of restart button and home button at the same time while the usb is in.

i have a problem with my 2g jailbroken iphone could you please help me out mate.
    evreything was going good until i tried to reset the data. and it switched off and every time i try putting it on, it goes off again.
    i tried holding down the 2 buttons for 5 secs but nothing, even tried holding the buttons down with usb in but itunes is not recognizing it and
    phone switchs off again.
    please could you help me out any advice mate would be greatfull thankss
    help me out please!!!!!
    Last edited by izzy2474; 2009-07-04 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by izzy2474 View Post
    i also have the same probelm with my iphone 2g and i am a windows users.
    my phone is jailbroekn and i tried to reset the data to clear everything.
    and then it swithced off and now i try putting it on and it goes on to the apple logo and keeps swithcing off and wont charge.plus my phone comes on when i put the usb in but itunes is not recognizing it. please could you help me out,do i have to keep hold of restart button and home button at the same time while the usb is in.

i have a problem with my 2g jailbroken iphone could you please help me out mate.
    evreything was going good until i tried to reset the data. and it switched off and every time i try putting it on, it goes off again.
    i tried holding down the 2 buttons for 5 secs but nothing, even tried holding the buttons down with usb in but itunes is not recognizing it and
    phone switchs off again.
    please could you help me out any advice mate would be greatfull thankss
    help me out please!!!!!
    Put in DFU mode/restore in iTunes/ re-jailbreak. Here are instructions for DFU mode in case you need it.
    DFU mode
    INSTRUCTIONS
    Step 1. Turn off iPhone
    Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.
    Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.
    Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that itís in restore mode.

Alternative Method:
    Step 1. Connect iPhone to USB then listen to the sound when it connect and disconnect.
    Step 2. Hold the home and power buttons until hear the disconnect sound then release power button.
    Step 3. Wait until you hear another sound then release home button.

Good luck

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

roro24satx (2009-07-07)