Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Locked out of iPhone 2g.. I messed up BIG TIME

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Exclamation Locked out of iPhone 2g.. I messed up BIG TIME
    I received my unlocked and jailbroken iPhone 2g 2.2.1 for mother's day and had no clue about how the "jailbreak" worked or updating restrictions. So when I heard of the 3.0 update, I just went ahead and updated it without using any tool or anything special. Now iTunes won't read the phone because it says my t-mobile SIM is not valid and I need to enter a valid one to activate phone. I can still make and receive calls and when people call their names and pics still come up, but I cannot access ANYTHING else on the phone, only a keypad.

I'm really frustrated after reading everything I was supposed to do instead, but do I still have hope or is it lost forever???

You just need to jailbreak and "hacktivate" the phone, thats all.

Look on the news page of this site (home page) for a thread about "Redsnow", which is what you'll need to use.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

Rebelaundry (2009-06-22)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Talking Yes!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    You just need to jailbreak and "hacktivate" the phone, thats all.

Look on the news page of this site (home page) for a thread about "Redsnow", which is what you'll need to use.
    I went to the home page and found the "Redsn0w" post.. I completed the process and it worked!! I didn't even lose anything! My phone now has the 3.0 firmware and all my old stuff. Thank you so much!

Good