Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: redsn0w help

Default redsn0w help
    Ok I started out with unlocked/jailbroken 2g phone with 2.2.1 firmware.So thursday I prematurely updated to 3.0 with itunes and have been anxiously waiting for the unlock, then i downloaded redsn0w 0.71 and it went through the motions and said it was finished but my phone never came out of dfu mode. Then today I downloaded redsn0w 0.72 and the part where you put your phone into dfu mode crashes redsn0w.exe so I really dont know what to do here, is there something wrong with the new version of redsn0w? How can i fix this? Thx for any help.

Re install 3.0 with iTunes and using redsn0w 0.72 try again, if your iphone seems stuck in DFU mode (screen stays blank) you can hold Home + Power for at least 20 seconds until you see the apple logo apear and then let go both buttons, this forces a reboot and you should be able to restore through itunes as normal

Good Luck
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

every time i run redsn0w 0.72 as soon as it goes into dfu mode and says jailbreaking, redsn0w.exe crashes. I really dont know what else to try. Im using vista. Thx for your help and quick reply

Quote Originally Posted by devilleather View Post
    every time i run redsn0w 0.72 as soon as it goes into dfu mode and says jailbreaking, redsn0w.exe crashes. I really dont know what else to try. Im using vista. Thx for your help and quick reply
    Best To start again with reboot and a fresh "RESTORE" of 3.0 as per my post. If redsn0w still crashes try a different usb port, preferable one of the main ones at the back, but always start from a fresh resore and running jailbreak more than once can cause problems

Ok yes i did do a restore first, also with redsn0w v0.71 i got no crahes but it would either hang at reboot or say it finished but was still in dfu mode or asked to connect to itunes. I will keep trying, thx for your help

Edit: No luck any ideas
    Last edited by devilleather; 2009-06-22 at 08:59 PM.

I belive you need to ssh into the phone and delete lockdown when your in this position, but I've never had to do that, try seaching on that process it might help
    Last edited by ericidle; 2009-06-27 at 12:17 AM.

Default same prob
    I had the same problem, but i tried two solutions, im not sure which one worked. One was to end the process ipodservice.exe in task manager and the other was not selecting to install icy. You can always install icy via cydia after you've jailbroken i think. Hope this helps!

when i hit browse method not found: System.string

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

if redsnow is crashing try running it as an admin (right click and pick run as admin)

Are you running osx 10.5.6? Or Vista?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by devilleather View Post
    Im using vista.
    Using vista

Default solution for crash
    dont install ice worked for me

Default Tried the solution but...
    I tried installing as admin...but can't install as admin on this laptop. Do I have to use the laptop I normally sync from? This is my work laptop and where I keep my calendar and mails...and my iPhone backup.

Could I install it from another laptop?