Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0 questions really important

Exclamation 3.0 questions really important
    Hey im kinda new to all this but i understand it the thing i wanted to point out is look 3.0 Pwngtool came out to unlock/jailbreak if lets say i would to update my iphone 3G from 2.2.1 to 3.0 and then after jailbreak it can i still use the Gevey 3G pluss II to unlock and use on tmobile? and does anyone have any news when the Dev team will come out with 3.0 quikpwn or pwngtool for windows?

Quote Originally Posted by hilu80 View Post
    Hey im kinda new to all this but i understand it the thing i wanted to point out is look 3.0 Pwngtool came out to unlock/jailbreak if lets say i would to update my iphone 3G from 2.2.1 to 3.0 and then after jailbreak it can i still use the Gevey 3G pluss II to unlock and use on tmobile? and does anyone have any news when the Dev team will come out with 3.0 quikpwn or pwngtool for windows?
    Unlocking/jailbreaking has nothing with the carrier SIM (inserted); the problem is when you select the phone activaction using iTunes or Pwnagetool v3.0. Different user outcomes resulted in this process...some were jumping with joy, some were swearing (I did many times). ITunes activation does flagged unsanctioned (no Apple/carrier contract) phones...they have to.

Statistically using Pwnagetool v3.0 is 50/50 at the moment. I had success with Pwnagetool v3.0 but I have some issues in iPhone OS 3.0 functionalities i.e. iTunes, MMS & Notifications were not working. I hope they fix Pwnagetool or just wait for Quickpwn?

So... to summarize, if you are brave enough ( a lot of us does) then you go ahead and have some fun (that's the thrill isn't it?).

Good luck and have fun...always

oh so pwngetool is like takin a chance but i dont want to do that but like i said again does the dev team have any news when they going to fix all these fixes and come out with the update for windows?

hello s anyone there to answer my Q?
    Last edited by hilu80; 2009-06-22 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by hilu80 View Post
    oh so pwngetool is like takin a chance but i dont want to do that but like i said again does the dev team have any news when they going to fix all these fixes and come out with the update for windows?

hello s anyone there to answer my Q?
    You will never know if this and that tool is better; you have to be brave enough and learn to try it. As long as you follow the instructions in details, you are good to go.

You can always restore the phone anyway.

Good luck