Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why unlock to T-Mobile?

Quote Originally Posted by russkiy View Post
    Lol i just realized,

I was looking at how much you pay for AT&T and never realized that my dad works at AMDOCS, so we get an ATT employee discount, LOL. Anyway, im planning on waiting for the next iphone to come out. Until then ill use my 2g.

So since i get employee discount, its about same price as t-moible.

EDIT: Today i had No Service ALL day. I got a new SIM but it still doesnt work... I restored the iPhone and it seems to work, but it took me 3 hours to get a SIM card i didnt need... God I hate ATT...
    Actually, corp discounts aren't applicable when you have the iPhone. I have a corp discount 20% off service, and while it shows that my 450 minute plan should be 31.99, I still get billed at 39.99. I called and they told me that since I have an iPhone, the discount isn't applicable.

I'm going to switch over to T-mo when I get a chance...If I can get web2go and unlimited messaging at $20, I still save $20/mth. They are also doing a promo for 1000 min at $39.99

Quote Originally Posted by flounderasu View Post
    Actually, corp discounts aren't applicable when you have the iPhone. I have a corp discount 20% off service, and while it shows that my 450 minute plan should be 31.99, I still get billed at 39.99. I called and they told me that since I have an iPhone, the discount isn't applicable.

I'm going to switch over to T-mo when I get a chance...If I can get web2go and unlimited messaging at $20, I still save $20/mth. They are also doing a promo for 1000 min at $39.99
    by Corp discount, you mean, you get a discount based upon where you work? or if you work at att? I work at a hospital(IT) and we get %25 off Att and my boss had an Iphone and he still gets %25 off. Granted i'll still not switch to Att but it's not a bad discount

Quote Originally Posted by Empyrials View Post
    by Corp discount, you mean, you get a discount based upon where you work? or if you work at att? I work at a hospital(IT) and we get %25 off Att and my boss had an Iphone and he still gets %25 off. Granted i'll still not switch to Att but it's not a bad discount
    Yes, discount based on where you work. I had been getting 20% off of my service since I am on their Corporate account...Once I switched to the iPhone, it stopped. I called multiple times and they told me that it wasn't applicable to the iPhone or any plan that I'm using with it.

Straight from the website:

Discounts

Your account type qualifies you to the following discounts. Service discounts are applied to the primary line under eligible agreements and exclude certain rate plan types and devices (e.g. iPhone data features and packages).
    * Service : 20.0%

While my pricing in the account mgr shows I get a discount for the voice, it is not reflected on the actual bill. Have him look at his actual paper bill or his actual statement. Chances are his discount isn't getting applied.

hmm that sucks, greedy mo fo's. I'll mention it to him and have him take a look this weekend.

At one time i considered swapping because of that discount, glad i didn't

Quote Originally Posted by Empyrials View Post
    hmm that sucks, greedy mo fo's. I'll mention it to him and have him take a look this weekend.

At one time i considered swapping because of that discount, glad i didn't
    Let me know what he says. If he's getting it, I'm def going to get ATT to give me a credit. Sadly, I've been with them for 11 years.....

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flounderasu View Post

I don't understand why you don't get the discount. I do and I have an iPhone. My talk plan and my unlimited data plan is discounted.

Thanks

I'll tell ya the why.
    The discount no matter what they tell you is different based on the company and what's negotiated per the organization most probably dealing with the number of potentail users based on the company size. For Instance we get a huge Sprint discount not that anybody uses them but we do not get the discount on any of thier unlimited plans including the simply everything plan so that's stupid.
    With At&T we get limited discounts but a friend at another financial firm gets a higher discount including the iPhone plan whereas we do not get an iPhone data plan discount but we get a voice discount.
    You actually need to call the service provider and not only check the discount but also be aware of whether or not yor company is owned by another one because that may be a bigger discount or the only way to get the discount.
    We are a huge firm in the U.S but most of our corporate discounts actually run through the company which bought us out and they are located in a different country. So it may show XYZ gets 25% discounts but the company parent company may get 30% so call not AT&T directly but the number listed as the point of contact for the AT&T discount because these are frequently done through a third party the Sprint discount I mentioned is not the same as the one Sprint Gives so we have a corporate website specfically detailed for us wich is the same way we had it at my old firm and also how it is setup for the Shriners and Masonic groups I belong to.
    Sorry for the length but I figured more info is better than Less.
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by MREY View Post
    I'll tell ya the why.
    The discount no matter what they tell you is different based on the company and what's negotiated per the organization most probably dealing with the number of potentail users based on the company size. For Instance we get a huge Sprint discount not that anybody uses them but we do not get the discount on any of thier unlimited plans including the simply everything plan so that's stupid.
    With At&T we get limited discounts but a friend at another financial firm gets a higher discount including the iPhone plan whereas we do not get an iPhone data plan discount but we get a voice discount.
    You actually need to call the service provider and not only check the discount but also be aware of whether or not yor company is owned by another one because that may be a bigger discount or the only way to get the discount.
    We are a huge firm in the U.S but most of our corporate discounts actually run through the company which bought us out and they are located in a different country. So it may show XYZ gets 25% discounts but the company parent company may get 30% so call not AT&T directly but the number listed as the point of contact for the AT&T discount because these are frequently done through a third party the Sprint discount I mentioned is not the same as the one Sprint Gives so we have a corporate website specfically detailed for us wich is the same way we had it at my old firm and also how it is setup for the Shriners and Masonic groups I belong to.
    Sorry for the length but I figured more info is better than Less.
    Rey
    All very true. I work for one of the US' largest Military/Defense Contractor. They wouldn't give it to me. Doesn't matter tho'. I just made the switch to T-Mo. We get a disc with them as well. But the before my discount, the plan I signed up for was this:

1000 minutes $39.99 + Unlimited Data/txt/mms $19.99

The 1k minute promotion just started....hard to beat that deal...

iPhone? More like MyPhone RaginAsian55's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a family plan with Tmobile. Been with them since 2001. Total comes to slightly less than $120/mo for 4 lines: unlimited txts on all lines, 1200 anytime plus MyFav (5 unlimited numbers) on all lines, free mobile-mobile on all lines (any Tmobile number) and my internet plan is only $9.99/mo on the iphone. Works perfectly get zero problems with reception. 12% discount through my work. ATT gets a 25% discount through my work but the bill comes out to $80/PERSON on iphone service (with less minutes) and I only pay an extra $50 to get three other people on a plan that works well.

P.S. for all you Tmobile customers-- LOOK AT TMOBILE'S SITE REGULARLY, Or call into them. They often do promotional deals for 6 weeks or something. That's how I got 1200FamMyFaves for only $80/mo.

i just got with att from sprint and yes because of the NEW IPHONE 3G S that's why.
    but i have never paid this much for phone service with sprint. my regular plan from sprint was-
    59.99 + 19.99 unlimited text and data+ 800 minutes free after 7pm and night and weekends free..so i did my little bit of homework and found that tmo would be the next best thing. and since i have att right now tmo would be a better choice service and plans...

Default Why??
    Unlimited everything on T Mobile for $70.oo after taxes. Last time I asked my friend on ATT how much for that same plan he has with the iPhone, it was $167.oo a month, savings with T Mobile of almost $100.oo A MONTH!!

And I get TETHERING for no extra charge, ATT will be charging an undisclosed cost for this feature, also the fact that I have working MMS on T Mobile before ATT, lol.

Thanks

My set up is as follows and why I love Tmo
    89.99 2 lines unlimted calls
    19.99 2 Lines unlimted text
    19.98 Unlimited Data
    out the door $129.96 about 142 after all the taxes and crap
    compared to the previous 149.99 for 2 lines unlimted text and calls only plus my 29.99 blackberry enterprise plan
    That's why I love Tmo

It's funny to me that people don't realize that buying an iPhone outright and staying with Tmo could actually be cheaper that getting a substantard contract with AT&T when you consider the savings just by having the iPhone I saved $30 a month or $360 per year which is $720 over a 2 year contract period due to downgrading the internet service this doesn't include the taxes saved the average single user would save $20 a month $240 a year $480 over 2 years by not having the AT&T required iphone plan
    which almost pays the $549 price tag for the new 3gs or my 16gb 3G so that's one thing for all to consider plus
    they tmobile offers 19.99 unlimted family text for 3 lines as opposed to that price each for at&t plans it's a little worrisome that a carrier like at&t which is HUGE when you consider all of the lines of buisness they're involved in can't afford to be more competitive which is probably why they'll go under again once they lose iPhone exclusivity and all of that revenue
    Especially if they can't collect the cancellation fee with all of tese lawsuits going on
    Last edited by MREY; 2009-07-18 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Where i live T-Mobile got bad coverage but outside my house t-mobile never had let me down. no drop calls or data outage and i been with t-mobile since 2004

AT&T got the best coverage in my area thats the only reason why i want to switch to ATT and to use 3G on my iphone but other then that

i have two lines on my bill
    700 Mins
    Unlimited Web
    Unlimited TXT and MMS picture and video
    unlimited mobile to mobile
    free nights and weekends starting at 7
    Smartphone data plan only $24,99 to use with the iphone

My bill is about $100-$120 every month it was $150 but t-mobile had fix my bill overcharging me

Also T-Mobile is the only big GSM carrier in the US next to ATT
    Last edited by LosoLx; 2009-07-24 at 10:33 PM.
    Current Using: iPhone 3G 16GB White
    Firmware: 3.0
    Jailbreak: Pwnage Tool

Thanks

If it's availabe I would look at the 9.99 web 2 go plan there have been a few threads in regards to it and it is working liking a Charm.
    Since both me and my gf are on it we're I'm obviously saving well over the previous 29.99 BES and 24.99 on her lone email plan if you look at my previous those are the Loyalty Plan rates which you can qualify for after 2 years

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234