Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why unlock to T-Mobile?

I have T-Mobile..

I signed up almost a year ago..

My bill is $90/month for
    2 Lines
    700 mins
    Unlimited Txt for both
    Unlimited T-Zone on both

Personally, I want to go to AT&T, but they want a $500 deposit, so **** that.

What is this 'deposit' AT&T want? Do all US carriers ask for one? It's certainly not something any UK, or AFAIK European carrier would ask for.
    Do you get it back when you leave them? If so, surely that's a great incentive for people to leave AT&T!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rougheo View Post
    wow...I honestly don't understand this...why would anyone want to lie about how much their plan costs. And you're telling these people to get a life? Maybe it's you who needs one complaining about CURRENT pricing when people have had cheaper plans when they were made available years ago, which are obviously more expensive now. GTFO, before you start making ridiculous accusations
    He has a very valid point. What good does a plan from years ago do me when I want to sign with Tmo now? Tmo's current pricing is on par with every other major players plans. They are not going to give me a plan from 5 years ago.

How much would this package cost me on Tmo?
    Family package
    2 iPhones
    1 Sony ericsson phone
    1400 anytime minutes
    unlimited internet packages for all 3 phones
    unlimited texting packages for all phones
    unlimited nights and weekends
    free mobile to mobile

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    What is this 'deposit' AT&T want? Do all US carriers ask for one? It's certainly not something any UK, or AFAIK European carrier would ask for.
    Do you get it back when you leave them? If so, surely that's a great incentive for people to leave AT&T!
    The deposit here in the US is for people who are credit challenged most of the time.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    The deposit is for people who do not meet certain credit criterias.
    You get it back after the first year of service.

I pay $109 every month for the unlimited plan, unlimited minutes, unlimited texk and I have T-Zones.
    I have a friend with the same kind of service with AT&T and hios bill is $170 a month. Huge difference the only advantage he has is the he is able to get 3G.

Quote Originally Posted by franijose View Post
    I pay $109 every month for the unlimited plan, unlimited minutes, unlimited texk and I have T-Zones.
    I have a friend with the same kind of service with AT&T and hios bill is $170 a month. Huge difference the only advantage he has is the he is able to get 3G.
    isn't unlimited txt $15? and t-zones $5-10(depending on when you got it) right? why not swap to the $20 unlimited txt/data plan that they have, discussed earlier in this thread. should save you a few bucks

Thanks

MY original tmo plan
    2 lines unlimted phone.text,picture mail 149.99
    after the 5 years I've been with them they now offer loyalty plans if you've been with them for w years so my bill as follows is
    2 lines unlimited 89.99
    unlimted txt 19.99
    web 2 go 9.99 x 2 lines total 129.99 w/ all of the taxes and fees
    142.99 BOO YAAAAA APPLE
    P.S. it's only 9.99 for the web 2 go to work on the iphone 3g 3.0
    confirmed by a Tmo rep when I was changing my BBerry 29.99 plan

Thanks

Guys (and girls)
    This is the deal. If you are looking at unlimited to unlimited ($100 plans between T-Mo and ATT, they are pretty much the same. (I am not talking about grandfathered in plans).

Unlocking and Jailbreaking and etc etc is not for everyone. Many may find that ATT is better. And for that matter, it is. But there are few of us either with grandfathered plans, or other techniques (such as google voice / grand central) and fav 5 features (or other methods if you are somewhat technical) of making calls in and out a certain way (which I can write a book about).

The trouble is this. I am not saying that I am holier than thou. What I am saying is this. If you know what you are doing, you can have unlimited data and voice with T-Mo for around 50-60 after taxes. Granted that you have other tools on hand. It is NOT for everyone though. Not everyone have the technicality to setup their own systems. In that case, you may not be saving money. The trouble is that Devteam and websites like this made jailbreaking and unlocking easy for average joe and average joe does not know what google voice, grand central, DIDs or PBX so for that average joe, there may not be any benefits. As of last month, my bill would have been 138 with ATT and I just paid 83 with T-Mo or somewhere thereabout.

Just trying to clarify.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to seraph1024 For This Useful Post:

MREY (2009-06-27)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seraph1024 View Post
    Guys (and girls)
    This is the deal. If you are looking at unlimited to unlimited ($100 plans between T-Mo and ATT, they are pretty much the same. (I am not talking about grandfathered in plans).

Unlocking and Jailbreaking and etc etc is not for everyone. Many may find that ATT is better. And for that matter, it is. But there are few of us either with grandfathered plans, or other techniques (such as google voice / grand central) and fav 5 features (or other methods if you are somewhat technical) of making calls in and out a certain way (which I can write a book about).

The trouble is this. I am not saying that I am holier than thou. What I am saying is this. If you know what you are doing, you can have unlimited data and voice with T-Mo for around 50-60 after taxes. Granted that you have other tools on hand. It is NOT for everyone though. Not everyone have the technicality to setup their own systems. In that case, you may not be saving money. The trouble is that Devteam and websites like this made jailbreaking and unlocking easy for average joe and average joe does not know what google voice, grand central, DIDs or PBX so for that average joe, there may not be any benefits. As of last month, my bill would have been 138 with ATT and I just paid 83 with T-Mo or somewhere thereabout.

Just trying to clarify.
    I am in the average joe category I just have a high tech apitude so I can pick up quicker but as I have t-mo seraphe I would love any info on the programs you mentioned feel free to mesage and thanks for the tip I will at least do a lil research on m own

Thanks

Nerd Vittles

That's a good place to start.

Here is a free pbx
    PBX in a Flash

I normally use a different PBX but that costs money. PIAF will do for what you need.

You'll have to think outside the box.

Hey guys, I have a 3G 16 GB Iphone with Tmobile that is unlocked. I am currently using the smartphone data plan but would love to switch to the 19.95 blackberry data plan. Especially because I also have a blackberry and wouldnt mind switching from phone to phone every once in a while. I tried calling Tmobile and they didnt offer me the 19.95 plan. Does that mean I have to do it online somehow. If so how do I do it on the Tmobile site? Thanks!

Thanks

Default I don't think you can
    I think you have to at a minimum take the 24.99 BIS plan
    however If I'm not mistaken you can just get the 9.99 web 2 go plan
    the difference is you won't be using blackberry service however your blackberry email address shouldn't work on the iphone anyway
    I wold look at the web solutions but if you want the blackberry to be a blackberry and not an internet ready smartphone.
    I think you're stuck with BIS do not use BES

what I should have said is I KNOW THE 9.99 WEB-2-GO plan works for the iphone I have it on both mine and my girlfriends just added them Thursday and no problems at all didn't try it with my blackberry 8900 which is in the middle of a bidding war in ebay
    Last edited by MREY; 2009-06-29 at 06:49 AM. Reason: clarify web 2 go plan

Okay so I just call Tmobile and tell them I want the Web2Go instead of the smartphone data plan I already have. Do I have to tell them I have a certain phone so I can get the web2go? Cause cant they just check waht kind of phone I have and then suggest a more expensive data plan. How did you and your GF go about getting the web2go for your iphones? Thanks!

Thanks

HOLY ****! Never thought a simple question could attract so many!

Anways, im planning to ask my dad if i can switch(since im only one without 2 yr contract in my family because im ownage and got free iphone).

Ill tell you results tommorow cause Tmo sound awesome. Wish me luck, RUskkiy out

Sorry for double post, but i recommend iCall for iPhone. Its a free appstore app(no jb required) and givves unlimited calling to US and canada for free. google icall.
    Last edited by russkiy; 2009-06-29 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    It takes 15 kepypresses to type "wow your such a fag" but 1 click to thank someone.

A download takes a while, so why not type "Thanks for the download" every once in a while instead of wasting time.

Thanks

I called Tmo and told them I just needed the unlimited internet as we already had unlimted talk and text
    and that I understood web 2 go would accomplish that
    she said as I long as i no longer cared about having berry mail I was could to go
    when you go the website they don't letyou changethe berry plan
    just say web 2 go and that ya understand you aren't on blackberry service you're fine feel free to contact me withany otherquestions I'm at a breakfast meeting so I apologize if this is rambling

Actually I told the girl I was thinking about an iPhone and she dsaid yup we see alot of that this plan will work fine and you'll be saving 19.99 a month as I had the enterprise activaton but unlike with my blackberry I can log in directly to me corporate email via the Internet on my iPhone I don't care for the push feature I'm fine just logging in to see as opposed to getting bombarded by all the stupid littlte internal stuff .
    The guy at the tmobile store told me that my gf memoir needed the 24.99 plan he caught the mistake after I left and activated web 2 go I found out on mytmobile and called and that was how the above conversation started
    Last edited by MREY; 2009-06-29 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I pay $62.54 a month on T-Mobile. I have myfave 600. My internet is WiFi only. My idea was to save as much as possible YET having the best phone on Planet Earth!

Wow! I'm glad I don't have to pay that much, I pay less than $35 / month including HSDPA and tethering. I only get 900 mins or MMS or 1800 SMS per month but that's plenty for me.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

so how did it go Russkiy

Thanks

Lol i just realized,

I was looking at how much you pay for AT&T and never realized that my dad works at AMDOCS, so we get an ATT employee discount, LOL. Anyway, im planning on waiting for the next iphone to come out. Until then ill use my 2g.

So since i get employee discount, its about same price as t-moible.

EDIT: Today i had No Service ALL day. I got a new SIM but it still doesnt work... I restored the iPhone and it seems to work, but it took me 3 hours to get a SIM card i didnt need... God I hate ATT...
    It takes 15 kepypresses to type "wow your such a fag" but 1 click to thank someone.

A download takes a while, so why not type "Thanks for the download" every once in a while instead of wasting time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast