Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 74

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Why unlock to T-Mobile?

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    No T-Zones hack...I don't know what webpage you're looking at. I used over 300mb on my May bill and I didn't get overage charges. I already passed the 100mb because I regularly use Pandora now..still no over-charges. But if you still don't trust me here's the proof:
    Unsupported Browser
    from https://my.t-mobile.com/Plan/OptionalServices.aspx:

    Line Level Services
    Line level services apply to a particular line on your account.
    Service Description Price per
    month Select
    Services

    Unlimited Web for phones Stay connected when you are on the move, with Web access on your phone or your T-Mobile phone. $9.99

    Unlimited Web + Unlimited Messages for phones Get 100 MB of Web access, bundled with unlimited domestic messages. Includes 100 MB Web access and Unlimited domestic text, picture, e-mail, and instant messages

    yeah, i was a little worried, but i'm going to change it right now. cheers, thanks again!

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    No T-Zones hack...I don't know what webpage you're looking at. I used over 300mb on my May bill and I didn't get overage charges. I already passed the 100mb because I regularly use Pandora now..still no over-charges. But if you still don't trust me here's the proof:
    Unsupported Browser
    Wow, awesome! i was using the 19.99 one for 100mb + unl Text, i just called and had it switched. Thanks a bunch for mentioning that.

    My T-Mobile bill is $54 a month for 1500 mins, free roaming, unlimited data/text. At&t has nothing near that price for the iphone.
    so i'll gladly take my Edge connection for half the price than a 3G connection.

  3. #23
    iPhone? More like MyPhone MikeYuse0406's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    My Sweet Home in South Florida
    Posts
    178
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Empyrials View Post
    My T-Mobile bill is $54 a month for 1500 mins, free roaming, unlimited data/text. At&t has nothing near that price for the iphone.
    so i'll gladly take my Edge connection for half the price than a 3G connection.
    You see, this is why people are so confused about t-mobile, because of liars like you. There is no way you are paying just 54 a month or 1500 mins, free roaming, unlimited data/text.

    I just checked the t-mobile site, and for the 1500 minutes alone is 60 plus tax. Add text/web another 35 bucks. tax depends on location. Your bill is close to 95 plus tax. between 115 to 130, which is the same as att individual plan. On att you get roll over minutes (I have over 15k minutes), visual voice mail, and everything else.

    Stop lying about paying so little when you know that in the end you are just lying to yourself.

    Source of plans and pricing.

    Unsupported Browser

    Quote Originally Posted by lunercrab View Post
    price is my reason as most, plus i've been with tmo since 2003, and i love their customer service...

    here's what i have with them:

    1500 mins 39.99
    1000 txt/mms 9.99
    unlimited data 19.99

    i think my bill was like 78 bucks this month...att would have well been close to 115-120 a month...in fact tmobile just offered me, an long time user, unlimited minutes for 49.99, but since i never go over my 1500 i didn't think it was worth it to upgrade...service is great here, though it's alittle spotty up in the mountians, which is to be expected i guess

    Buddy, t-mobile charges 60 bucks for 1500 minutes. What's the point in lying? In addition, are you really saying that they offered unlimited minuted for 49 bucks and you turned it down? Who are you trying to fool here? get a life!

    Unsupported Browser

    I'm a long term costumer of ATT and I pay 45 bucks a month for unlimited minutes, sms, mms, data, email, etc. on two iPhones. lmaooooo

    Update.. 6:08 PM EST... I called t-Mobile to ask for pricing telling them I was switching to them from att with two iPhones. They set me up with a plan as follow:

    Family Plan
    My faves 700
    Unlimited data on both iPhones
    Unlimited text/nights @7 on the family plan

    The guy said that my bill would be approximately 175 with tax a month for both iPhones. I pay 189 a month for two iPhones and a moto with att:

    Family plan
    1400 minutes w/ rollover
    2 iPhone unlimited data
    Family Unlimited texting plan
    Roadside assistance
    Insurance on the moto
    Unlimited nights and weekends @7
    and unlimited international texting

    All for just 189 a month with tax. This is way cheaper considering their is only a 15 bucks difference and there is an extra phone and a whole bunch of more features.

    I truly don't see what the hype for t-mobile is. Let's look at the facts and not you want to believe.
    Last edited by MikeYuse0406; 2009-06-24 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  4. #24
    I actually have a question, now that you guys are talking about T-Mobile.
    I dont live in the US, but travel there about once every month.
    I would like to be able to get data, so that I can use my iPhone for my emails and the GPS, but I would also like to be able to call back home for a far better price than I am now doing with T-Mobile prepaid. Which is around $0.90 a min.
    So my question is which plan should I get to get my data and be able to make much cheaper calls back home.
    I have a family friend that is willing to add a line to his account for me.
    One other thing, to be able to use the iPhone to get data on T-Mobile, will you have to use a hack of some sort?
    Thanks and I really appreciate one who can help.

  5. #25
    What's Jailbreak? souledge316's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    San Juan, PR
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I can't speak for that other guy, but here's my plan, copy & paste straight out of my t-mobile bill:

    PR NAT Flat Fee 39.99 MC
    Unlimited Whenever Minutes
    0 Weekend Minutes
    0 Weeknight Minutes
    T-Mobile Unlimited Web + 400 Messages 19.99

    DEFAULT VST $1.21 $1.21
    UNLDATA 400 MC $19.99 $19.99
    PR NAT Flat Fee 39.99 MC $39.99 $39.99
    TAXFEE $0.00 $0.00
    Taxes, Fees, and Surcharges $4.19 $4.19
    Service charges $65.38 $65.38

    Granted I only have 1 line, but that's how my 2G iPhone runs on T-mob. Way cheaper than AT&T.

    -----------------------------------

    Kirkster, to use you iPhone with T-Mobile, in any way other than just a glorified iPod Touch, it needs to be unlocked to use with another carrier besides AT&T, at least in the US. Depending on your country, you could browse the T-Mobile site or call customer service to see what voice plan with data would serve you best.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to souledge316 For This Useful Post:

    The Kirkster (2009-06-25)

  7. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeYuse0406 View Post
    You see, this is why people are so confused about t-mobile, because of liars like you. There is no way you are paying just 54 a month or 1500 mins, free roaming, unlimited data/text.

    I just checked the t-mobile site, and for the 1500 minutes alone is 60 plus tax. Add text/web another 35 bucks. tax depends on location. Your bill is close to 95 plus tax. between 115 to 130, which is the same as att individual plan. On att you get roll over minutes (I have over 15k minutes), visual voice mail, and everything else.

    Stop lying about paying so little when you know that in the end you are just lying to yourself.

    Source of plans and pricing.

    Unsupported Browser




    Buddy, t-mobile charges 60 bucks for 1500 minutes. What's the point in lying? In addition, are you really saying that they offered unlimited minuted for 49 bucks and you turned it down? Who are you trying to fool here? get a life!

    Unsupported Browser

    I'm a long term costumer of ATT and I pay 45 bucks a month for unlimited minutes, sms, mms, data, email, etc. on two iPhones. lmaooooo

    Update.. 6:08 PM EST... I called t-Mobile to ask for pricing telling them I was switching to them from att with two iPhones. They set me up with a plan as follow:

    Family Plan
    My faves 700
    Unlimited data on both iPhones
    Unlimited text/nights @7 on the family plan

    The guy said that my bill would be approximately 175 with tax a month for both iPhones. I pay 189 a month for two iPhones and a moto with att:

    Family plan
    1400 minutes w/ rollover
    2 iPhone unlimited data
    Family Unlimited texting plan
    Roadside assistance
    Insurance on the moto
    Unlimited nights and weekends @7
    and unlimited international texting

    All for just 189 a month with tax. This is way cheaper considering their is only a 15 bucks difference and there is an extra phone and a whole bunch of more features.

    I truly don't see what the hype for t-mobile is. Let's look at the facts and not you want to believe.
    ok i did say i was with tmobile since 2003, that 1500/min a month was a promo at the time that is GRANDFATHERED in for me for as long as i like it...and YES i did turn down unlimited mins for the 49.99, due to the fact it makes no sense for me to spend 10 bucks more a month for service if i never go over my 1500 mins...here's a copy right from my internet bill if you don't believe me:

    Service charges Totals
    4/27/09 - 5/26/09
    Monthly charges
    These are the basic monthly charges associated with your plan and services (not including other charges, such as taxes and fees).
    $69.97
    BB BIS AddOn $19.99
    Get More 1500 $39.99
    Msg Value Bundle 1000 $9.99

    Use charges
    Use charges include overage, roaming, messaging, and data charges.
    $0.00

    One-time charges
    One-time charges include things like activation fees and phone purchases.
    $0.00

    Credits & Adjustments
    These include any credits or other adjustments made to your account in a given billing cycle.
    $0.00

    Other charges
    These include non-communications related charges such as Premium Handset Protection and communications-related charges, such as certain fees.
    $0.86
    Communications Related
    Regulatory Programs Fee* Help me!!! *Fee we collect and retain to help cover our costs related to funding and complying with government mandates, programs and obligations.
    $0.86

    Taxes & Fees
    These include all applicable local, state, federal, and other taxes, assessments, and fees.
    $7.05
    Government Fees and Taxes
    Federal Universal Service Fund $0.84
    State 911 $1.00
    State Gross Receipts Tax $2.58
    State Sales Tax $2.63
    Total New Charges $77.88
    Previous Balance $113.92
    Payment received (113.92)
    Total Past Due
    (due immediately) $0.00
    Amount due
    6/23/09 $77.88

    Use4/27/09 - 5/26/09

    oh and FYI i just got off the phone with customer service and again they offered me the 49.99 plan for their long time customers... and if you STILL don't believe me about it, you can see more proof here http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/904739/
    Last edited by lunercrab; 2009-06-24 at 04:29 AM.

  8. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeYuse0406 View Post
    You see, this is why people are so confused about t-mobile, because of liars like you. There is no way you are paying just 54 a month or 1500 mins, free roaming, unlimited data/text.

    I just checked the t-mobile site, and for the 1500 minutes alone is 60 plus tax. Add text/web another 35 bucks. tax depends on location. Your bill is close to 95 plus tax. between 115 to 130, which is the same as att individual plan. On att you get roll over minutes (I have over 15k minutes), visual voice mail, and everything else.

    Stop lying about paying so little when you know that in the end you are just lying to yourself.

    ...
    lol i love it when people like you come along telling us we're just making this **** up.


    i've had the 1500 mins for a couple years now for 39.99 so ok whatever you say... They don't offer that anymore but then again i don't have free nights or weekends. However i only use 600-800 mins so it works out great for me. The unlimited data plan & txt msg is $20, i did have the 100mb plan w/msgs for $20 but then i saw someone posted about the new price of the unlimited one and i got it switch today.
    That with a Military discount = my price. Hell if i swapped to the

    Here's 2 pics combined if you want me to send my hard copy to you let me know, jackass.


  9. #28
    Hahaha MikeYuse got owned


    I pay $70 a month for unlimited everything

    49.99 unlimited minutes (loyalty plan)
    14.99 unlimited text
    5.99 unlimited internet (t-zones)

    T-mo is the ish!

  10. #29
    I pay $6 a month for data using T-Zones, and it's as good as any other iPhone data plan (save for the 3G speed). My FamilyTalk plan comes to about $114 a month. We have 4 lines, 500 minutes shared between each. Unlimited nights/weekends/T-Mobile-to-T-Mobile/nationwide roaming/texting/MMSing, and two of the four lines have the $6 internet plan. Methinks it's a sweet deal.

    Though I would switch to AT&T in a heartbeat if I had the money, solely to do without slow 2G speeds and issues with unlocking and activation.

  11. #30
    Yes the AT&T call cost are less then T-mobile network. I have unlocked my motorola ZN5 phone which is locked to T-mobile in USA. Now i am using with the AT&T network where the call cost is very low when comparing to t-mobile. If you want to unlock you can use this site Mobile Unlocker - Unlock your phone at the most professional unlocking site! where they are selling codes for phones locked to any network

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to harri.vivek For This Useful Post:

    asmeena (2011-02-14)

  13. #31
    I use T-Mobile because they have the best and fastest 3G/HSDPA network and I get 900mins or 1800 SMS and unlimited (3Gb cap) including tethering for just over 20/month.

    But then I am in the UK
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  14. #32
    iPhoneaholic ucim2cute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    City by the Sea, Texas!
    Posts
    373
    Thanks
    181
    Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts

    Yep! me too, when the iphone first came out, I switched from
    t-mobile to ATT, (big mistake). For me to get the exact same plan, (minutes, texts, etc)... my bill was about $135-140, switched back to t-mobile really quick, since my bill with them is about 90 bucks! I freaked out big time, I couldn't believe that it was such a big difference. Never had a problem with t-mobile, been with them for about 7yrs, and yes, their customer service is great! Just really satisfied with them, and hey, who the heck doesn't wanna save money huh?

    [QUOTE=MikeYuse0406;4543371]You see, this is why people are so confused about t-mobile, because of liars like you. There is no way you are paying just 54 a month or 1500 mins, free roaming, unlimited data/text.

    I just checked the t-mobile site, and for the 1500 minutes alone is 60 plus tax. Add text/web another 35 bucks. tax depends on location. Your bill is close to 95 plus tax. between 115 to 130, which is the same as att individual plan. On att you get roll over minutes (I have over 15k minutes), visual voice mail, and everything else.

    Stop lying about paying so little when you know that in the end you are just lying to yourself.

    Source of plans and pricing.


    LOL, yeah, really need to check your info. buddy. You forget some people have been with them for years, and the longer you have been with them, then more than likely, they have waay cheaper plans, with lots of minutes and, well, lots of everything! Like I said, I have a lot of crap on mine, including how I am addicted to buying caller tunes and then some, every month, so yeah, since I've been with them for a while too, that is one of the reasons my bill is cheap, cuz i have an old plan too!

    Go T-Mobile! hehehe
    Last edited by ucim2cute; 2009-06-24 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

  15. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    I use T-Mobile because they have the best and fastest 3G/HSDPA network and I get 900mins or 1800 SMS and unlimited (3Gb cap) including tethering for just over 20/month.

    But then I am in the UK
    i hate you lol, from what i hear the US has some jacked up plans compared to over seas.

  16. #34
    I have tmobile cause I was coming from sprint. My wife has had tmobile since she was 16 and about 6 months ago offered the unlimited loyalty plan. Which offers unlimited talk for 49.99 per line and we added unlimited text for $20 for both lines. Now we have unlimited talk and text our bill is the same every month no longer have to check minutes or texts anymore. As far I know no one offers unlimited talk for that price and where we live the coverage is excellent.

    Thats why I'm with tmobile

  17. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    No T-Zones hack...I don't know what webpage you're looking at. I used over 300mb on my May bill and I didn't get overage charges. I already passed the 100mb because I regularly use Pandora now..still no over-charges. But if you still don't trust me here's the proof:
    Unsupported Browser
    yo,

    So I called CS yesterday and asked for the Unlimited Internet + Unlimited Text plan for 19.99, the rep told me I couldn't have it because I have an iPhone and I needed an Unlimited Plan for Smartphones, which is like 35.99, I think. So finally she asked if I wanted to remove the G1 data plan from my account, I said yes, drove to a Starbucks and added the 19.99 plan via Wifi. At first it didn't work, I got a WAP screen that told me that I needed to upgrade my data plan to an unlimited plan for smartphones: I just changed my APN from epc.tmobile.com to internet2.voicestream.com and haven't looked back since. Thanks again!

    To the PBSO Deputy hatin' on T-Mobile: life is better in Broward.

  18. #36
    i have been grandfathered in since 1999 and i have unlimited nationwide longdistance no roaming for 49.99 and unlim text for 9.99 and blackberry data for 19.99 so i pay 80.00 for what att pays like 200+ (all but -3G which is honestly over hyped)

  19. #37
    To: Souledge316
    Thanks for your response.
    My iPhone is "factory unlocked" actually.
    I am just looking for advice on plans and to hear what other people think is best.
    I will call CS and see what they tell me.

  20. #38
    Price hands down.
    My parents got the $49.99 family plan when it existed and the minutes are enough for us. Added on an extra line for $9.99 and unlimited texting for $15

    Not too shabby.

  21. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticko View Post
    i have been grandfathered in since 1999 and i have unlimited nationwide longdistance no roaming for 49.99 and unlim text for 9.99 and blackberry data for 19.99 so i pay 80.00 for what att pays like 200+ (all but -3G which is honestly over hyped)
    3G certainly isn't over hyped! I didn't even consider the iPhone until the 3G came out and certainly wouldn't use a phone without HSDPA now.

    But as with most people, I only get my rates because I have been with T (UK) for sometime. I don't think new users could get the very good rates some people get.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  22. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeYuse0406 View Post
    You see, this is why people are so confused about t-mobile, because of liars like you. There is no way you are paying just 54 a month or 1500 mins, free roaming, unlimited data/text.

    I just checked the t-mobile site, and for the 1500 minutes alone is 60 plus tax. Add text/web another 35 bucks. tax depends on location. Your bill is close to 95 plus tax. between 115 to 130, which is the same as att individual plan. On att you get roll over minutes (I have over 15k minutes), visual voice mail, and everything else.

    Stop lying about paying so little when you know that in the end you are just lying to yourself.

    Source of plans and pricing.

    Unsupported Browser




    Buddy, t-mobile charges 60 bucks for 1500 minutes. What's the point in lying? In addition, are you really saying that they offered unlimited minuted for 49 bucks and you turned it down? Who are you trying to fool here? get a life!

    Unsupported Browser

    I'm a long term costumer of ATT and I pay 45 bucks a month for unlimited minutes, sms, mms, data, email, etc. on two iPhones. lmaooooo

    Update.. 6:08 PM EST... I called t-Mobile to ask for pricing telling them I was switching to them from att with two iPhones. They set me up with a plan as follow:

    Family Plan
    My faves 700
    Unlimited data on both iPhones
    Unlimited text/nights @7 on the family plan

    The guy said that my bill would be approximately 175 with tax a month for both iPhones. I pay 189 a month for two iPhones and a moto with att:

    Family plan
    1400 minutes w/ rollover
    2 iPhone unlimited data
    Family Unlimited texting plan
    Roadside assistance
    Insurance on the moto
    Unlimited nights and weekends @7
    and unlimited international texting

    All for just 189 a month with tax. This is way cheaper considering their is only a 15 bucks difference and there is an extra phone and a whole bunch of more features.

    I truly don't see what the hype for t-mobile is. Let's look at the facts and not you want to believe.
    wow...I honestly don't understand this...why would anyone want to lie about how much their plan costs. And you're telling these people to get a life? Maybe it's you who needs one complaining about CURRENT pricing when people have had cheaper plans when they were made available years ago, which are obviously more expensive now. GTFO, before you start making ridiculous accusations

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •