Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: unlocked 2G phone comes up in Emergency mode

Default unlocked 2G phone comes up in Emergency mode
    What did I do wrong? I ran the unlock using QuickPwn (instructions from iClarified) and after taking out the old deactivated AT&T SIM Card and replacing it with the T-Mobile SIM card the phone only comes up in emergency mode? I made a call to my home number so it worked but that was it, only the emergency mode screen. I have no problem paying for the simple solution instead of getting a round about solution for free, i just want it to work. Could it be that the T-mobile SIM is too old?

You have to perform the Jailbreak/Unlock with the T-Mobile sim in the tray. Try again.

Just tried it with the T-mobile SIM in after doing the Restore and it looks the same. If I don't have the AT&T SIM in before the restore it won't let me get there. It still comes up with different SIM message and prompts to connect to i tunes. Only lets the emergency screen come up. But it will make calls from that screen????

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

You'll have to DFU /restore and start with a fresh copy of 3.0 and then re-jailbreak with your T-Mo sim in.

I thought you couldn't do a 3.0 firmware? The iClarified site has you downgrade to the 2.1.1 version, Now that I've blanked my phone how do I start over correctly. Sorry if this is a stupid stream, i just talked my wife into letting me get the 3GS so i could unlock my old iphone for her to use on T-mobile. I knwo her SIM hasn't been replaced in years could that be hindering me? I restored my phone to my last sync (4/2009), then started fresh using the instructions from IClarification, Once I got Itunes to give me a restore option, i removed the AT&T SIM and replaced it with the T-mobile one. Then I let the software finish restoring with the 2.1.1 firmware recommended. That's it? I just re-did it and I'm still stuck, I feel like a Moron and am looking at Craigslist for someone locally to just do it since I'm obviously missing some point here.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

you have to do it as I posted above.
    mac or pc