Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: DO NOT upgrade 1st gen unlocked/activated to 3.0!

Default DO NOT upgrade 1st gen unlocked/activated to 3.0!
    so i read all these posts of people who had no problem updating their 1st gen iphone from 2.2 to 3.0 without loosing the sim unlock. this is correct, you can upgrade without loosing the sim unlock. i just did it and i can see the cellular connection no problem. what i can't do is USE MY iPHONE! it's back in activation mode, and since i don't have an iphone account i have no way to active the phone. i'm hoping when ultrasn0w is released later today this will solve my problem (hopefully) but as of right now, if you're on an unlocked/activated 1st gen 2.2, DON'T UPDATE YOUR PHONE!

(fyi...i didn't restore, i updated like all the posts said to do)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

fyi, if you paid attention to the posts, all the people who did the update were not quickpwned, but pwnagetool jailbroken. so an "upgrade" doesn't remove the activation.
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mvangogh View Post
    so i read all these posts of people who had no problem updating their 1st gen iphone from 2.2 to 3.0 without loosing the sim unlock. this is correct, you can upgrade without loosing the sim unlock. i just did it and i can see the cellular connection no problem. what i can't do is USE MY iPHONE! it's back in activation mode, and since i don't have an iphone account i have no way to active the phone. i'm hoping when ultrasn0w is released later today this will solve my problem (hopefully) but as of right now, if you're on an unlocked/activated 1st gen 2.2, DON'T UPDATE YOUR PHONE!

Here is a link to info that will may help you.

Quote Originally Posted by mvangogh View Post

Yea, there ya go. Instruct everyone on what NOT to do because you couldn't get it right. And Ultrasnow has absolutely nothing to do with 2G iPhones, it won't help you a bit. Restore with a custom firmware if you want your phone to work. Or wait until Quickpwn is out.