Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS unlocking

Default iPhone 3GS unlocking
    so
    is there already some software that can unlock 3gs?
    has someone already tried?
    can it be unlocked like normal 3g?

Welcome to MMi
    yes
    no
    yes

Thanks

They've been updating this status on thier twitter feed. I don't think they are sure that it can be unlocked right now. Same Baseband though.

MuscleNerd's latest post "[ MuscleNerd ] 3GS is shipping with BB 04.26.08 (vulnerable to ultrasn0w). If (big "if") it can also be jailbroken, that would be swell!"

At least the baseband is accessible.
    I think that bodes very well for a 3G S unlock in the near future.

That's great news, just ordered my 3GS yesterday!

By the way, I also had problem jailbreaking 3.0. Restore gave errors so I had to use DFU mode.
    The phone had already proviously been pwned etc. it was certainly not a virgin ;-)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

when will we see a jailbreak for 3GS

Green Apple
    Thanks

so, I have been reading through a bunch of these post, since I am a 3Gs owner, and new to iphone as well.
    the current status, is, it is that we are still not sure, IF this model can be jail broken, correct?
    Previous Phone: AT&T Tilt
    Rom:Phoenix3 Win6.5 -Also Running Android 1.5-
    Radio:1.71.xx.x

Carrier: AT&T

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRC1985 View Post
    so, I have been reading through a bunch of these post, since I am a 3Gs owner, and new to iphone as well.
    the current status, is, it is that we are still not sure, IF this model can be jail broken, correct?
    correct. Theyre pretty sure it can be unlocked, though its the jailbrake theyre concerned about. Without a jailbrake you cant unlock it.

edit: so i guess that means theyre not sure it can be unlocked
    Last edited by pickeledpeter; 2009-06-22 at 08:24 AM.

Default i'm worry
    since i bought an iphone 3gs i'm worry about it's jailbroken and unlocking cause they said that the iphone 3gs cant be unlocked or jailbroken

Default :[
    im a new iPhone user... I'm actually quite pleased and having a lot of fun with the iPhone but I feel like Apple/AT&T is going through so much trouble to "LOCK" their iPhone for their users, which I think is completely stupid for us.

It doesn't even matter that if we buy an iPHONE and not use AT&T, because if we don't, we still got the 2-year contract plan, which is impossible to get rid off unless we pay the early termination fee.

On top of what we are already paying, I guess AT&T/Apple assume we're buying a phone to be used ONLY in the U.S? Are they expecting us to BUY a new phone whenever we travel overseas for leisure or business because we cannot insert a foreign prepaid card or something.

I truly don't get their logic. I'm certainly a FAN of the great features of the phone, but I'm quite pissed that they're making it difficult to unlock and inconvenient for us especially if we choose to travel with our iPhones. Wouldn't you want to carry your iPhone around the world and be able to use it, instead of using some crappy phone whenever you travel.

Sorry for such a long whiny reply.

Can i buy the iPhone 3 GS for 299 and then unlock it without paying for the 2 year contract?

Thx for a good forum!

Quote Originally Posted by foffer View Post
    Can i buy the iPhone 3 GS for 299 and then unlock it without paying for the 2 year contract?

Thx for a good forum!
    to get the iPhone 3GS at subsidized rates ($199-$399) you must sign on for a 2 year AT&T contract. At the time of purchase (in store or online) your contract will be adjusted. No exceptions here in the US anyhow.

Just buy it Unlocked! that's the only way! but be careful on those Ebay posting! as today there is no Sim adapter that truly work, there is no soft-ware unlocked! and be careful with son web-stores, they might send you a regular 3G.

Quote Originally Posted by gordo2150 View Post
    Just buy it Unlocked! that's the only way! but be careful on those Ebay posting! as today there is no Sim adapter that truly work, there is no soft-ware unlocked! and be careful with son web-stores, they might send you a regular 3G.
    Or not... www.Purplera1n.com, enjoy.. Don't listen to this guy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHA1C View Post
    to get the iPhone 3GS at subsidized rates ($199-$399) you must sign on for a 2 year AT&T contract. At the time of purchase (in store or online) your contract will be adjusted. No exceptions here in the US anyhow.
    Technically THIS is the correct statement for all cell providers. This guy is correct out of anyone on this thread. In order to get the cheap subsidized price, you will need to sign a contract...thus "subsidized". You will have to pay full price for the phone but yes you can unlock with Ultrasn0w. Confirmed working for all.