Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Paypal Dispute

Default Paypal Dispute
    I sold an iPhone on ebay Unlocked Apple iPhone 3G 16gb v2.2.1 - eBay (item 180366848801 end time Jun-15-09 20:13:06 PDT) and the guy is being stubborn with getting T-mobile to work on it. Yesterday i finally got him to correctly place the sim in and he can place calls and recieve them. However, his data is not working properly. He cannot browse the web. I told him he needed to contact t-mobile and enter the correct setting in the APN field. But He is so stubborn to do all that. Also he opened a claim on paypal saying that the phone has internal and external damage that does not match the description. I said the iphone was used and had few tiny scratches. What should i do so that i do not have to refund him.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MikeYuse0406's Avatar
    Thanks

You will not have to refund him. PayPal will do this on his own on your behalf whether you are right or wrong. I hate PayPal for that exact reason. Any idiot can open a dispute based on lies and PayPal chooses in favor of the buyer in over 99% of the cases regardless of what proofs the seller has.

Just try to argue back and talk to the guy, tell him to ship the phone back, and than refund the money. Resell it to someone who know what an unlocked iphone is.

That is the problem. I do not want to re list it again and have to go through this whole process again. I sold the item as it was listed and he opened the claim stating. " * 6/18/2009 10:21 EDT - Buyer: I received the phone from the seller and when I got it the screen is all scratched up. Also the phone was suppose to be unlocked and it wasn't. I am finally able to make calls, but I still have not gotten the internet to work on it. I would like my money back. "
    I want to get my money and thats it. end of story lol. Hopefully it will work in my manner. What do you guys think?

Thanks

Sounds like someone who wants everything handed to him. Guess he didnt do his research on this thing of ours