Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3g going to 3.0 with Ultrasn0w

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 549 Posts

Default 3g going to 3.0 with Ultrasn0w
    Right....

I have an iphone 3g on 2.2.1 unlocked with yellowsn0w, and i am very happy with it and it has caused me no problem at all.

Like everyone else i want to keep up with the next firmware but the unlock is more important to me.

So a couple of questions.

1. can i upgrade to 3.0 and jailbreak it as a windows user or will i have to get a CFW from a mac user or from you guys.

2. do i need to update itunes to enable me to use the new firmwear.

3. will ultrasn0w unlock 3.0 and if so how, and if so will some kind person put a CFW on with ultrasn0w ready to run.

4. do we have to stay clear of the baseband update that 3.0 will bring (like we had to do to get to 2.2.1)

I think thats it and i would like to thank you guys in advance as you have always given me good advise and looked after me on everything i have ever asked.

Thanks...
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

when will there be a jailbreak for the 3.0???

1. Yes, you will be able to jailbreak it urself on windows. The jailbreak and ultrasn0w should be available on Friday this week

2. Yes

3. Ultrasn0w is made to unlock 3.0 How? I dont know. And yes, I bet there will be some one making a CFW of the new 3.0 and post on the net somewhere.

4. Ultrasn0w will unlock all basebands and all bootloader. So you dont have to worry about that.

Thanks

Ok.

Thanks for your help ?

does anyone know where i can get a CFW with Cydia and Ultrasn0w.

I need the unlock as i travel a lot and swap sim's all the time so if you guys can help me out (again)

last time some one gave me a link so i could download 2.2.1 (with old baseband) then i just up restored to new firmware through itunes. so will i be able to do that again (with itune 8.2)

So if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pratt1503 View Post
    Ok.

Thanks for your help ?

does anyone know where i can get a CFW with Cydia and Ultrasn0w.

I need the unlock as i travel a lot and swap sim's all the time so if you guys can help me out (again)

last time some one gave me a link so i could download 2.2.1 (with old baseband) then i just up restored to new firmware through itunes. so will i be able to do that again (with itune 8.2)

So if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks
    EDIT: musclenerd says to wait till ultrasnow is out to upgrade (if you're on yellowsnow), guess youll have to wait.
    Last edited by vert; 2009-06-20 at 01:53 PM.

jailbreak software link is on dev team web site....just search for dev team on google

as for unlocking, you will have to wait with the rest of us for dev team to release ultrasn0w...which has no estimated delivery time as yet!!

best advise is to stick with 2.2.1 for the moment because 3.0 cannot be unlocked as yet....not even with a sim adaptor such as Gevey or Rebel
    Let it ultrasn0w let it ultrasn0w let it ultrasn0w

Thanks

So ultrasn0w is not out yet ?

and i have not updated my itunes yet to 8.2, do i need to do this as i have read that you should stay clear of 8.2 if you want to jailbreak and unlock.

??