Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Waiting for ultrasn0w...

Thanks Xenthor,
    thats what i thought, but wanted to be sure in case i permanently prevent unlocking

doin the restore now, im EXCITED!

can i jailbreak my unlocked iphone 3g. then use my tubo sim till ultrasnow is released???

Quote Originally Posted by kOjAcK View Post
    can i jailbreak my unlocked iphone 3g. then use my tubo sim till ultrasnow is released???
    naw. turbo sim is locked out now .

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default 3g unlocked?
    some people posted on this thread that they already had a 3g unlocked.... i thought it couldn't be unlocked at all till ultra snow came out!? or was that before the 3.0 came out?

They could have been using the turbo sim chip for 3.0. These are out all over the net.

that turbo sim chip looks interesting....hardware unlock

I have T-Mobile currently using the 2G now and I just bought the 3G, I use ITunes 8.2 to restore it, and Redsn0w to Jailbreak it and No, your T-Mobile Sims card won’t work till you unlock it….

You can buy the Turbo Sim card now, if you want to use your iphone! With T-Mobile!
    Last edited by Jay0420; 2009-06-22 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    update from planetbeing's twitter seven minutes ago:

"Yay, stage2 is done. So, now we can execute arbitrary payloads with one AT command again. Now to stuff ultrasn0w into this and test."

it looks like theyre getting close!!!!!

(waits impatiently for US)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Latest update...

"planetbeing: ultrasn0w is finally in the new loader, after some regexp fails in the python testbed that I use to load the loader. Now testing..."

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Latest update...

"planetbeing: ultrasn0w is finally in the new loader, after some regexp fails in the python testbed that I use to load the loader. Now testing..."
    Great News....................O_o

I cant wait for the software unlock that way i cant unlock and sell my 3 iphones for a better price.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphone_Reloaded View Post
    I cant wait for the software unlock that way i cant unlock and sell my 3 iphones for a better price.
    Not sure how much better since all 3G's can be unlocked now. If I were you I'd wait until the next 3.x version comes out, noobs will update it without using custom IPSW's to prevent baseband upgrades and there will be fewer unlockable 3G's out there.

Quote Originally Posted by ggab View Post
    Not sure how much better since all 3G's can be unlocked now. If I were you I'd wait until the next 3.x version comes out, noobs will update it without using custom IPSW's to prevent baseband upgrades and there will be fewer unlockable 3G's out there.
    what will unlock the 3.0 on a 3g?

Quote Originally Posted by Iphone_Reloaded View Post
    what will unlock the 3.0 on a 3g?
    ultrasn0w when it comes out...I'd say tonight or tomorrow. The dev team is in the testing phases of ultrasn0w.

Thanks

Usually there is a small delay between proof of concept to actual delivery. I still remember my first unlock. Those took 45 minutes per phone. Baseband needed to be erased and restored and you have to ssh into the phone etc. Dev team makes those steps go away so that most noobs can do it themselves. Give them a few more days...
    Less bricks on the road that way.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    ITS OUTTTTT!!!!!!!

Dev-Team Blog

i followed the instructions and it worked flawlessly on my first try.

3G on 3.0 up and running
    Last edited by pickeledpeter; 2009-06-23 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Well...now I try updating my phone to 3.0 and it wont let me, I get the "this sim is not compatible with your iphone" message. I tried to do the airplane mode thing, and after restarting my phone it would only let me upgrade to 2.2.1 - What should I do? I tried searching and all the solutions they give are for previous versions.

EDIT: Made a new thread...Thanks anyway
    Last edited by adp; 2009-06-23 at 05:44 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123