Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Waiting for ultrasn0w...

well it's not about 12:10 EST and I am also waiting...albeit, patiently (sort of) and hoping I can jump w/ excitement the moment I can say that I too haz unlocked powers! Moving to Germany and would love to continue to use my iPhone there!

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHA1C View Post
    I have to disagree on the "he will not be getting up especially early" part... I'm pretty sure I'd be getting up early (or staying up all night) working on such a monumental hack.
    well we were both wrong...lol

been sat at work all day checking dev blog and now am sat at home doing the same...be worth it in the end tho!!
    Let it ultrasn0w let it ultrasn0w let it ultrasn0w

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    I am preparing to unlock with 3.0 using ultrasn0w...I upgraded to iTunes 8.2 and now when I plug in my iPhone and get the "The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported" message. Will this be an issue? I have a 2.2 3G.

Thanks
    The reason your phone is not reconized by iTunes is actualy due to your update to iTunes 8.2.

Remember this News posted on 06-02-2009, 07:18 AM "Apple Releases iTunes 8.2, Jailbreakers beware"
    Dev-Team has already posted warnings long ago!

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHA1C View Post
    The Dev Team are all big boys and can protect themselves.
    I don't remember trying to protect anyone, but anyways there you go, each to their own. Now then, where is the tool was hoping to have it before i went out tonight. Nevermind, i can wait.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enono View Post
    The reason your phone is not reconized by iTunes is actualy due to your update to iTunes 8.2.

Remember this News posted on 06-02-2009, 07:18 AM "Apple Releases iTunes 8.2, Jailbreakers beware"
    Dev-Team has already posted warnings long ago!
    So would reversing iTunes version be the solution?

iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Thanks

According to MuscleNerd, Ultrasn0w is experiencing problems and will be worked on throughout the weekend. He hasn't given an ETA.

My thing is... Where's QuickPWN?!

well, good thing we had alot of people trying out quickpwn on mac for us, and i think alot of their iphone is now mess up.....

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    So would reversing iTunes version be the solution?
    kinda tried that. i tried downloading itunes 8.1.0 again to see if i could salvage my phone for now. nothing. i don't know if i should've deleted my entire itunes folder or not but that didn't work. i can't even put my phone in restore mode. i'm stuck with a formatted phone that receives texts and phone calls. so i can't match numbers with names. i hope they figure it all out tomorrow

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Waiting for ultrasn0w
    yep...i'm waiting for ultrasn0w, just got 3.0 an jailbreak with redsnow..

aahhhh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skibxskatic View Post
    kinda tried that. i tried downloading itunes 8.1.0 again to see if i could salvage my phone for now. nothing. i don't know if i should've deleted my entire itunes folder or not but that didn't work. i can't even put my phone in restore mode. i'm stuck with a formatted phone that receives texts and phone calls. so i can't match numbers with names. i hope they figure it all out tomorrow
    Yep!
    You've been left in limbo alright.
    If you need the phone and can get calls and text, then I would stay put.
    But if you're left with an annoying formatted useless phone, I would restore to 3.0 and use either Pwnage tool or redsn0w to JB it (providing you have an older phone where to insert your SIM to stay connected in the meantime until the summer brings us an ultrasn0w storm.)

still wating for unlock for windows

any more insights on the ETA for ultra?

Quote Originally Posted by statepkt View Post
    any more insights on the ETA for ultra?
    About an hour ago planetbeing tweeted "we're still working on ultrasn0w, w__ found a great way we can refresh the SIM without manual ejection, so just need loader+packaging now"

If I jailbreak with redsn0w, can I unlock my phone later with yellowsn0w? or will it be a pain?

Quote Originally Posted by yOyOYoo View Post
    If I jailbreak with redsn0w, can I unlock my phone later with yellowsn0w? or will it be a pain?
    Do you mean ultrasn0w? I'm assuming you're 3G? You probably could jailbreak with redsn0w right now and wait until ultrasn0w is out to unlock it. That is if you're ok without a phone service on that iPhone for a few days (or however long it takes for ultrasn0w).

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

That is the recommended path at the moment... jailbreak with redsnow so you can use as an iPod Touch and when ultrasn0w is released it will just show up in Cydia. Go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by ggab View Post
    Do you mean ultrasn0w? I'm assuming you're 3G? You probably could jailbreak with redsn0w right now and wait until ultrasn0w is out to unlock it. That is if you're ok without a phone service on that iPhone for a few days (or however long it takes for ultrasn0w).
    Yes I meant ultrasn0w!

Well I'm already on AT&T so don't really need to have it unlocked. Just thought it might be nice incase I go overseas or in the future if I ever switch to tmobile.

I guess my question is, if I jailbreak my 3G with redsn0w, how easy is it to unlock the phone with ultrasn0w? Do I need to restore everything again?? or is it a short process? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by yOyOYoo View Post
    Yes I meant ultrasn0w!

Well I'm already on AT&T so don't really need to have it unlocked. Just thought it might be nice incase I go overseas or in the future if I ever switch to tmobile.

I guess my question is, if I jailbreak my 3G with redsn0w, how easy is it to unlock the phone with ultrasn0w? Do I need to restore everything again?? or is it a short process? Thanks.
    All you have to do is install ultrasn0w from Cydia and it'll be unlocked.

EDIT: Although, now that I think about it...that's actually not true...future updates will surely update the baseband so ultrasn0w won't work. If you want to unlock in the future, make sure you only use custom ipsw's that don't upgrade the baseband from the current 3.0 baseband. Of course ultrasn0w in the future may work for future basebands...we don't know.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ggab For This Useful Post:

yOyOYoo (2009-06-22)

So Just to clarify:

I can JB my 3G to os 3.0 via PwnageTool 3.0 and use the sim to which i am carrier locked

and then when ultrasn0w is released, install it via cydia and then i will be unlocked and able to use any sim

Correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Hervproductionz View Post
    So Just to clarify:

I can JB my 3G to os 3.0 via PwnageTool 3.0 and use the sim to which i am carrier locked

and then when ultrasn0w is released, install it via cydia and then i will be unlocked and able to use any sim

Correct?
    Correct, I JB with redsn0w, and I thought I'd take the time to prepare everything while I waited for ultrasn0w, so I did a clean swipe of my whole iPhone, so ever since I've been adding videos, music, apps, all back to my iPhone while I wait for the nifty unlock.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Xenthor For This Useful Post:

Hervproductionz (2009-06-22)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast