Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: dissabled....

Default dissabled....
    I work at a hotel and found a I phone so I turned it in to security and never thought about it again..... So 30 days later security called me into their office and handed me a iPhone it was the one I turned in no one had claimed it so I was happy cause my screen has been cracked on mine for a while so I charged it up but it says dissabled & when I plug it in iTunes says to put a security code in can't connect. But it dosent allow me to even have the option to put one in.. Is there anything I can do? Other than use it as a paper weight

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Welcome to MMi
    You may try putting the phone in DFU mode/restore in iTunes and it should work for you.
    Here are instructions if you need them for DFU.

Step 1. Turn off iPhone

Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.

Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.

Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that it’s in restore mode.

Alternative Method:

Step 1. Connect iPhone to USB then listen to the sound when it connect and disconnect.

Step 2. Hold the home and power buttons until hear the disconnect sound then release power button.

Step 3. Wait until you hear another sound then release home button

thanks !!!!!!! how long before it asks that usually?? a little pic of a disc and a note poped up and the white cord its displayed on the screen but itunes hasent done anything or said anything yet

Should be within a few seconds, re-read her instructions and make sure your background is the right color as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Here's a video that may help you.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROKCfzezGXw&feature=channel_page]YouTube - How To Set Your iPhone / iPod Touch In To DFU Mode And Unbrick Your Device[/ame]

If the owner reported it as lost or stolen, then AT&T (or whoever the carrier is) probably disabled it. If blkcadi's solution doesn't work, you may be out of luck, but if you call AT&T and explain the situation they may allow it to be used again. Then again, they may ask you to turn it in to them.