Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Fido SIM card 3G iphone unlock not working

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Unhappy Fido SIM card 3G iphone unlock not working
    Hi Guys

I went on iClarifieds website and followed the instructions to successfully jailbreak my 3G iPhone but after installing Yellowsn0w through cydia to unlock my iPhone and restarting the phone with my fido pay-as-you-go SIM card it does not recognize it. It works in my unlocked 2G so no problem there. Any idea what I did wrong on the 3G?

My iPhone details:
    Version - 2.2.1 (5H11)
    Modem Firmware - 02.30.03

Thanks

Yellowsn0w only works with BB 2.28.00
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Can I down grade 2.30 to 2.28?

I don't know - have you tried?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iClarified - iPhone - How to Downgrade Your iPhone 3G Baseband Using Fuzzyband but your bootloader has to be 5.08 but you can still try it, I tried it but my bootloader is 6.04....

By far the easiest way to find out is just to try!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I was doing some research and its looks like I am out of luck. I have bootloader 5.09 and there is no fix other than to buy a Turbo SIM card which is not a bad fix just means I have to wait for one to come from the U.S.

Thanks

By the time it gets to you the unlock for FW3.0 will be released - so why bother with a Turbo SIM?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    You are right. I will wait for Ultrasnow to unlock baseband on the iPhone 3.0. Hopefully it will be released this week its killing me!

S

Looks like they are getting there