Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unable to call/recieve or SMS T-Mobile

Default Unable to call/recieve or SMS T-Mobile
    I've got a rebel sim card and I managed to get the T-Mobile sign and 5 full bars for service on the iPhone but for some reason when I make a call I get an error "Call forwarding active" and then there the call is ended. If I try to SMS it gets all the way to the end and then errors out. If I try to call the number it says no calls can be made to this number. I also cant disable call forwarding, its defaulted to "off" and I cant turn it on for some reason.

The sim works fine in other phones. Any ideas?

Rebel SIMs are awful, aren't they?
    Which country are you in? What FW/BB are you on?
    2G or 3G?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Yep, they seem pretty crap.

I'm in the UK. 3G iPhone on 02.30.03, 5.09 and 2.2.1

I've pretty much accepted to wait for a software unlock for version 3.0 of the O/S now. Nothing else I can do.

What network are you trying to use it on?
    Some piggyback SIMs work on voda and orange but not on T or Three.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I originally wanted to use it on my vodafone, but it wont work at all on my vodafone so i've tried my work T-Mobile one and got a little bit further.

If you wait a while the Dev Team could have good news for us