Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3G 2.2 jailbreak and unlock

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iphone 3G 2.2 jailbreak and unlock
    So it has been a while since I have done the unlock thing and I was having a bit of trouble. As it stands I have quickpwn 2.2 (also tried 2.2.5) and have a freshly restored iphone on the 2.2 firmware via itunes. I booted up quickpwn and went through all of the steps just fine until the end it says "what for your iphone to connect in recovery mode..." which is highlighted, followed bu the instructions to put it into DFU mode by pushing the power/home sequence deal. If I remember correctly quickpwn is supposed to boot my phone into its own restore mode is it not? Here is where I am stuck... I am probably just being an idiot and not doing something right. If anyone can clear it up it would be a gret help

BTW I am on windows

I figured it out. It woudld seem that it was a .NET framwrk issue. I did a repair on that and it works now
    Last edited by sziklassy; 2009-06-10 at 02:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings