Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: JUST unlock iPhone 2G?

Default JUST unlock iPhone 2G?
    Hi,

So here's my query. I have a iPhone 2G, which is unlocked and jailbroken. I got it from AT&T but I'm using it outside the States. Now, with the imminent release of iPhone OS 3.0 and my general frustration with jailbroken programs and iPhone weirdness(which I blame on the jailbreak), I want to virginize my iPhone, and then simply unlock it, WITHOUT jailbreaking it. Is this possible?

All help is appreciated!

(I'm running OSX 10.5.7 with iTunes 8.1.1/iPhone OS 2.2)
    Last edited by couchpotato124; 2009-06-09 at 01:15 PM.

IF it was unlocked using Pwnage, just update to 3.0 GM using option-Update (NOT option-Restore). Your phone will be unlocked but not jailbroken. I did this with my 2G, but as I was on a Windows machine I had to downgrade to 2.0.2, use QuickPWN (check ONLY unlock option, uncheck everything else), then upgrade to 3.0 GM.

If your phone was previously unlocked using QuickPWN, you will find yourself in a world of pain.
    If you do a option-Restore instead of option-Update, you will also find yourself a world of pain.
    Fair warning.
    Last edited by eserfeliz; 2009-06-12 at 03:08 PM.

Thanks for the help! I'll try it out. The problem is, I don't remember if i used Pwnage or Quikpwn for 2.2. Maybe I should just wait till the dev team comes up with a real solution. But im so ready to switch!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You should just wait, couchpotato124.
    I am currently without a phone because I didn't research this well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by eserfeliz View Post
    IF it was unlocked using Pwnage, just update to 3.0 GM using option-Update (NOT option-Restore). Your phone will be unlocked but not jailbroken. I did this with my 2G, but as I was on a Windows machine I had to downgrade to 2.0.2, use QuickPWN (check ONLY unlock option, uncheck everything else), then upgrade to 3.0 GM.

If your phone was previously unlocked using QuickPWN, you will find yourself in a world of pain.
    If you do a option-Restore instead of option-Update, you will also find yourself a world of pain.
    Fair warning.
    Hi, waht do i do then if i option-restored it?? Now what appears on my phone is either the USB-itunes image or the emergency call :s