Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 2G Help

Default iPhone 2G Help
    Hi i have an iPhone 2G not known if previously jail'd or not,
    So lets see my iphone does not have a SIM card and its not activated and iTunes does not recognize it at all becuase of its inactivation i know the Firmware is greater then 2.0 and when i plug it in all it says that theres no SIM card and i can only make the emergency phone call (with the connect to itunes in the background)is there a way to get past this and unlock and jail break my iPhone i dont really want to make any calles from it all i will probably use it as a overglorified ipod touch. can the person put the steps as simple simple as possible with links included

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Go to our download section and download Quickpwn 2.2-1 for windows. Next you will want to put your phone into recovery mode by holding down the power and home buttons until you see the iTunes logo. Plug into iTunes and hit restore. After it's all done open up Quickpwn and follow the instructions to jailbreak and unlock.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

MR.Salmon (2009-06-05)

Well i tried your instructions on putting the iPhone into recovery mode (it just directs me back to the screen with the no Sim card installed) but because its non activated iTunes does not show the "recovery mode detected message" and itunes only tells me that it cant activate my iphone because my lack of a SIM card inserted, any other solutions?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Gonna have to put in DFU made/restore and Jailbreak as posted.
    Heres a link to every thing you'll need. It's a tree menu, follow it and it will get you all the files, pics and step by step instructions.
    Heres a vid on putting in DFU mode so you can do this.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROKCfzezGXw&feature=channel_page]YouTube - How To Set Your iPhone / iPod Touch In To DFU Mode And Bring It Back From The Grave[/ame]

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

MR.Salmon (2009-06-05)

Thanks For all the help Poseidon and blkcadi
    Last edited by MR.Salmon; 2009-06-05 at 11:47 PM.