Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help w/3G-ver2.2.1-modem 04.20.01-BL5.9

Default Help w/3G-ver2.2.1-modem 04.20.01-BL5.9
    I just bought this jailbroken iPhone through craigslist. The phone is a 3G, 8gigs, version 2.2.1 (5H11), modem firmware 04.20.01 and bootloader of 05.09.

How can I unlock this?...I've never seen this before since I am a newb. Can I use, let's say a rebel sim card or how can downgrade the modem firmware to 2.28 so I unlock this phone.

Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance.

Foreverbling.

Knows something
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 4VERBLING View Post
    I just bought this jailbroken iPhone through craigslist. The phone is a 3G, 8gigs, version 2.2.1 (5H11), modem firmware 04.20.01 and bootloader of 05.09.

How can I unlock this?...I've never seen this before since I am a newb. Can I use, let's say a rebel sim card or how can downgrade the modem firmware to 2.28 so I unlock this phone.

Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance.

Foreverbling.
    i dont think ya iphone can be software unlock @ this time..u will have to get a ****working***** rebel sim card to be unlock it now but if dont want that and u want a software unlock then u will have to wait for the Team to do their magic soon.....
    When ModMyi.com - your premier Apple & iPhone
    community AND
    The Dev Team MEET Apple, JAIL BREAKING,UNLOCKING AND DOWN GRADING OF BASEBAND(S) IS WHAT YOU GET....

I'm not sure any of the piggyback SIMs work with the beta BaseBands. I believe Rebel claim too but I learned not to believe a word they say - I wouldn't touch a Rebel with a barge pole.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Stop wasting people's time trying to get them to read your pathetig 'blog'.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

you'll not wasting your time.. for sure. I've found the solution. The picture show the proof. I'm getting this hack accidently. I'm not so expert, but the simple concept using QuickPWN and iPhone1,2_2.2.1_5H11_Restore.ipsw . At least I've prove it. Never use SIM lock

All your picture shows is that you have an Australian phone that has been officially unlocked. What do you think it shows?

Knows something
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    All your picture shows is that you have an Australian phone that has been officially unlocked. What do you think it shows?

where is this picture u talking about? can i see it???...
    When ModMyi.com - your premier Apple & iPhone
    community AND
    The Dev Team MEET Apple, JAIL BREAKING,UNLOCKING AND DOWN GRADING OF BASEBAND(S) IS WHAT YOU GET....

It wasn't worth looking at.
    And your Device+Firmware shows a combination that does not work.
    Yellowsn0w does not work with BB 2.30.03