Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My turbo sim story so far ...

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhoenix3g's Avatar
    Thanks

Default My turbo sim story so far ...
    Well yesterday i tried a rebel sim, total waste of time gave me a pretty stable signal but no data edge or 3g anything! So today I've been using a gevey 3g plus 2, and up to now its working very well indeed a nice data connection, and works well with safari but when I click the app store it says cant cannot connect etc please connect to itunes, any ideas? if there a way to activate the app store and itunes on my phone to work on the t-mobile network?

I wish i could do a software unlock but I'm stuck on 02.30.03 with boot loader 6.2 i believe well that's what fuzzyband says.

so yeah any help you could give me on the app store issue would be great after that id have a fully working iphone 3g!

Thanks again.

Why the duplicate post?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

go to vpn, put in internet2.voicestream.com than it will work, it have to be done everytime when you restart your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by wing103 View Post
    go to vpn, put in internet2.voicestream.com than it will work, it have to be done everytime when you restart your phone.
    Three points
    1) He said that Safari works OK so it's not an APN problem
    2) That might work for T-Mobile in the USA but wouldn't for the UK
    3) Once the APN is entered I've never had to re-enter it.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Three points
    1) He said that Safari works OK so it's not an APN problem
    2) That might work for T-Mobile in the USA but wouldn't for the UK
    3) Once the APN is entered I've never had to re-enter it.
    You right, but on my iphone, i have to manually type in the APN everytime if I restart or shut off my phone.

What FW are you on? Mines a 3G on 2.20 and i haveonly ever had to put in the APN once (on T-Mob in the UK.
    I'm wondering if it's to do with the fact that you don't need a username or password whereas we do.

What FW are you on? Mines a 3G on 2.20 and i haveonly ever had to put in the APN once (on T-Mob in the UK.
    I'm wondering if it's to do with the fact that you don't need a username or password whereas we do.
    My boot loader is 6.2, so i have to use sim adaptor, did you know there is any hack i can do on the setting, it won't reset the setting after i restart my phone?

Thanks

Why the duplicate post?
    Just so it makes sense on the forum, because i don't think people understood my previous post.

Anyway yeah ive set the apn for the uk t-mobile network

general.t-mobile.uk
    user
    pass

All the apps work fine e.g facebook etc, just cant get app store youtube or itunes store, I'm not getting an edge icon or a 3g icon just the little circle data icon with a full signal and all the apps work fine on wifi.

Any advice more advice you can give would be much appreciated, Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoenix3g View Post
    Just so it makes sense on the forum, because i don't think people understood my previous post.

Anyway yeah ive set the apn for the uk t-mobile network

general.t-mobile.uk
    user
    pass

All the apps work fine e.g facebook etc, just cant get app store youtube or itunes store, I'm not getting an edge icon or a 3g icon just the little circle data icon with a full signal and all the apps work fine on wifi.

Any advice more advice you can give would be much appreciated, Thanks again.

I have the same problem before, than I find out the sim adaptor that I use is not work right, it only can get the phone service work, but not the internet access, so I purchase a new sim adaptor off ebay, it work again, it show the E on the phone again......
    change a new sim adaptor may fix your problem

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wing103 View Post
    I have the same problem before, than I find out the sim adaptor that I use is not work right, it only can get the phone service work, but not the internet access, so I purchase a new sim adaptor off ebay, it work again, it show the E on the phone again......
    change a new sim adaptor may fix your problem
    What network are you running on currently? Due to t-mobile in the UK having no edge coverage at all. I don't think its the sim i think its just the lack of edge in the UK roll on a software unlock!

Thanks again!

I am on Tmobile US network.

Thanks

Well I've just messaged the seller i purchased the sim from, and he is going to send me a new turbo sim, so I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Fingers Crossed

Try putting your SIM in another phone an loading a web page. This "activates" the data on the SIM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey eveyone i need help
    i have a gevey 3g pluse turbo sim and all it does is say keep searching... and then after an hour it says no service what could possible be wrong?

Is it a Gevey 3G Plus 2? or just the original Plus.
    Which Network are you trying to use it on?

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

I've never heard of bootloader 6.2. I thought the latest was 5.09...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

gevey 3g plus 2 and t-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon_PhoneApart View Post
    I've never heard of bootloader 6.2. I thought the latest was 5.09...
    There is 6.2 and, I believe 6.4

Quote Originally Posted by alexhilgy16 View Post
    gevey 3g plus 2 and t-mobile
    Have you turned off 3G as T-Mobile's 3G is incompatible with the iPhone/

alexhilgy16 - Did you turn off the phonewhen you put the sim & sim adaptor into the phone? If u don't I bet you have not read the instruction!!!!!
    Also try to go to setting / general / network / data roaming turn it on!
    It should be work.....
    Hope this help!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thank you both vey much i have evey thing on now!!

hey every one it dosent work!! it only worked for two min!! do you think it is my turbo sim and i heard if you also take winterboard off cydia it messes it up to. and this is when it all started to happen and i also ssh my iphone to and sicenc i did all this i have nothing but prolbems! i restored my phone to and still no luck.... what do i do know.
    thanks alex
    Last edited by alexhilgy16; 2009-05-27 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast