Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My turbo sim story so far ...

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhoenix3g's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah when installing i followed the instructions to the letter, and yes i have disabled 3g, but i didn't realized that t-mobile UK's 3g was not compatible with the iphone? Is there a work around for this?

So far my gevey turbo sim is working just fine with my data plan just no edge or 3g (of course) just veryyy slow gprs.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoenix3g View Post
    Yeah when installing i followed the instructions to the letter, and yes i have disabled 3g, but i didn't realized that t-mobile UK's 3g was not compatible with the iphone? Is there a work around for this?

So far my gevey turbo sim is working just fine with my data plan just no edge or 3g (of course) just veryyy slow gprs.

Thanks again!
    What on earth gives you the idea that T-Mobile in the UK is incompatible with the iPhone 3G. The reason I am with T still is because their 3G network is so much faster than O2's and works very well. I was replying to someone in the USA and there T-Mobile use comletely different frequencies from anyone else. In Eureope evryone uses the same standards.

Piggyback SIMs all have problems - for some reason more so with T and Three in the UK than with Orange and Voda.

With YellowSn0w T works great in the UK. Wait until FW3.0 is out and hopefully unlocked then you'll be fine.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

iPhoenix3g (2009-05-28)

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhoenix3g's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    What on earth gives you the idea that T-Mobile in the UK is incompatible with the iPhone 3G. The reason I am with T still is because their 3G network is so much faster than O2's and works very well. I was replying to someone in the USA and there T-Mobile use comletely different frequencies from anyone else. In Eureope evryone uses the same standards.

Piggyback SIMs all have problems - for some reason more so with T and Three in the UK than with Orange and Voda.

With YellowSn0w T works great in the UK. Wait until FW3.0 is out and hopefully unlocked then you'll be fine.
    Oh great thats actually made my day i can't wait for a software unlock now! Then 3g will be mine!

Thanks for all your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12