Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Forgot Password on my iPhone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Forgot Password on my iPhone
    Hello Everyone,
    I have first generation iPhone that was cracked to be used with TMobile. I changed my password yesterday, and for some reason I donít remember it. I tried several combinations of numbers several times. Of course it would give me an hour of time period before trying punch something again. I canít go to Apple, because they do not service unlocked phones. Now it gives me a message on the screen that I should go to iTunes. Please advise as to what can be done at this point to unlock it?

Thank you,

Restore, afaik that is the only way to get around not having your password. =/

Just curious, how does one go about forgetting 4 digits? Lol. J/k. I bet I could manage to find myself in the same position some day.

Your talking about the lockscreen password correct?

A buddy of mine did that to his iPod touch, (setting a passcode and forgetting it) he was locked out for an hour but we found a way around the time limit. If your using the your iPhone in the same computer you normally sync it with, it should appear in iTunes. sync it, and you will have "side to cancel" on your iphone. put in a passcode, even if its wrong and it should kill the time limit for the moment being. so whenever your locked out for an x amount of time, sync it. Now.. if your using the phone in a different computer, and iTunes tells you "This iPhone is locked with a passcode, please enter it blah blah blah" then I don't know.. =/

The best think i can tell you, is if you reallllly can't remember your password (my friend got VERY lucky, and actually remembered it after enough trys), if you use windows use iFunbox, if you use the mac os, use DiskAid, to backup /var/mobile/library to backup your data... and then restore.

Hope this helps a little
    EPIK PHAIL!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes, I think I could do it if it was with AT&T. I dont think I cant restore it and sync it with Tmobile.what do you think.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Use DiskAid or SSH (WinSCP) and delete the file /Library/Keychains/keychain-2.db and reboot.
    It will delete ALL stored passwords including email, wifi, lockscreen, etc

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

milanap (2009-05-20)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi, I downloaded DiskAid, and tried to find the file specified in your post, but this phone hasn't even been connected to iTunes yet...Connection has failed and it would give me a message like "phone is not paired. make you run iTunes with your device connected at least once", someting like that. Any ideas on this?
    Everyone's thoughts ansd suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you,
    Mila

Thanks

iTunes has nothing to do with being able to see this file. ssh into the root directory and navigate to the file. It's there.
    And by the way, Welcome to MMI...... I'm so bad

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You will probanly think I'm craxy, but I tried DiskAid, and like I said, the software does not even recognize the device.
    I also triedSSH (WinSCP) in order to delete the file /Library/Keychains/keychain-2.db and reboot. It didn't work. I keep getting the message, that connection failed or can not recognize the user. It's requeesting the IP address of the phone, and of course I can't get it since it's locked. Anyone, any ideas?

sorry aba tha Bro...Hope Help comes soon..
    When ModMyi.com - your premier Apple & iPhone
    community AND
    The Dev Team MEET Apple, JAIL BREAKING,UNLOCKING AND DOWN GRADING OF BASEBAND(S) IS WHAT YOU GET....

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

If your SSH was not on then this will not work. Do you have it set to automatically turn on when you reboot your phone?

Via USB cable the default connection is 127.0.0.1
    Last edited by CaptainChaos; 2009-05-22 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ohh, great. No,SSH was never set up for this phone. I didnt really use it much and don't even remember the last time connecting to iTunes, as I got a new 3G one. I just need to get it fixed. So, do you think if I type 127.0.0.1 into the name field it would work?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Host name: 127.0.0.1
    User: root
    Password: alpine

If you have ssh it will connect

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Use DiskAid or SSH (WinSCP) and delete the file /Library/Keychains/keychain-2.db and reboot.
    I downloaded both Diskaid and WinSCP, both are...well a bit tedious. WinSCP is out of the question lol and Diskaid was working fine until when i try to look at my root folder while my iPhone 3G is connected to my computer, it says that it isnt jailbroken..well i jailbroke my iPhone 3G 3 weeks ago, i used blackra1n and have it updated and all that, but for some reason it still says it isnt jailbroken, any idea?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Completely delete diskaid the go to
    tysiphonehelp.com
    go to downloads page. Scroll down and find diskaid an install that one

Thanks

Or go right to the source here, Diskaid

The link to DiskAid on ty's site doesnt work ):

That source link u gave me is the same link i used to download DiskAid and it didnt work, ill try it again and hopefully it will work, ty for ur help

iTunes has nothing to do with being able to see this file. ssh into the root directory and navigate to the file. It's there.
    And by the way, Welcome to MMI...... I'm so bad
    Yeah..i cant find the file you specified..ugh

Mmm found out that i need the afc2add app put for my phone since blackra1n doesnt have it, you can get the app from cydia but the problem is i cant access my phone since i cnt get past the lockscreen cuz i forgot my password lol, dam
    Last edited by Dinrai; 2009-11-20 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thank You so much! lol man i thought i was gonna have to restore my phone

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Haha lol u mean woman

blkcadi is a girl

oh sorry, lol i really thanks you tho

If your using 3.1+ you have to download afc2add in cydia then diskaid can find it