Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I'm sure you have heard this before

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhoenix3g's Avatar
    Thanks

Default I'm sure you have heard this before
    Right I'm sorry guys if this question has been posted millions of times before, but i need to ask just to clear this up do any sim adaptors e.g rebel sim/gevey etc allow the use of 3g data transfer. And if so how stable is the 3g connection? or will i be stuck with 2g? Once again im sorry to post this if its already been asked many times before i did search the forum but couldn't find an answer.

All the best!

p.s I'm trying to use 3g on the uk t-mobile network.

I tried a few before YellowSn0w was released, so was on BB 2.28.
    I found one from eBay (I think it was a TurboSIM) that would allow 3G data but as soon as it lost signal it would not connect on 3G but with 3G turned off it worked fine. RebelSIM was worse than useless.
    The one I was using apparently worked fine on Voda and Orange but not on T or Three - the seller was quite happy to refund my money.
    I suggest you check on eBay and ask the question of the sellers, you might be lucky. Make sure you specify your BB and that you want to use it on T and 3G and they should tell you if it will work - none of them want unnecessary returns.
    Good luck.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhoenix3g's Avatar
    Thanks

Well yesterday i tried a rebel sim, total waste of time gave me a pretty stable signal but no data edge or 3g anything! So today I've been using a gevey 3g plus 2, and up to now its working very well indeed a nice data connection, and works well with safari but when I click the app store it says cant cannot connect etc please connect to itunes, any ideas? if there a way to activate the app store and itunes on my phone to work on the t-mobile network?

I wish i could do a software unlock but I'm stuck on 02.30.03 with boot loader 6.2 i believe well that's what fuzzyband says.

so yeah any help you could give me on the app store issue would be great after that id have a fully working iphone 3g!

Thanks again.

Have you tried to connect to iTunes? It probably needs to authorise the phone first, mine works fine (but then I'm using yellowSn0w).
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.