Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2g iphone with new logic board, now not recognized!...anyone help?...please.

Default 2g iphone with new logic board, now not recognized!...anyone help?...please.
    Hi, got a 2g iphone off a friend who fried the logic board. Got it fixed (expensive or what!!!) and decided to upgrade to 2.2.1 downloaded all the programmes and set about by restoring in itunes (doh!) after restore got message 'We're sorry, the iPhone you connected is not recognized and cannot be activated for service'. Have I messed my phone up? Is there a fix? help greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Your gonna have to explain exactly what you did instead of "downloaded all the programs" so we know what ya did wrong. And are you using an ATT simcard?? If not, the phone isnt unlocked and needs to be.

I have a similar problem. i got a new logicboard for the 2g today. I plugged it into itunes and it comes up with that msg as well. I was told that the logicboard was running 3.0 and was jailbroken/unlocked. Don't know what to do..i havent tried using an older itunes but i dont think that would work?

Help anyone!! Will i need an original ATT sim to get this working again?