Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G version 2.0.02, bb: 2.30.03, bl 6.02

Default 3G version 2.0.02, bb: 2.30.03, bl 6.02
    I just bought an almost brand new Iphone 3G on Ebay and unfortunately I did not do enough research before pulling the trigger. I now realize this BL is on 6.02 and can not be unlocked. I know, I should have asked these questions before I purchased, but I was not as knowledgable as I am now (thanks to this forum and google).

I have spent countless hrs on the internet researching how to make my 3g iphone work on tmob USA. Based on my research, here is my conclusion and results. Please, I need your confirmation so I can feel good about this or if I need to resell this iphone.

1) Since my BL is on 6.02, I know I have no way to downgrade the baseband sucessfully and unlock using yellowsn0w. I think this phone was alrady jailbroken since I see Cydia and Installer already loaded when I got the phone. Is this a valid assumption?

2) My only option at this point is to get a sim card adaptor.
    I have been doing research on this and seems like Universal-Sim has the best success rate. I have looked at where to buy this adaptor, and seems impossible to buy one on ebay, so I am going through the reseller links on universal-sim.org site. Has anyone had any luck with one reseller over the other? I would like to make the transaction as painless as possible, and hopefully deal with someone who accepts paypal, speaks english, and can be trusted.

3) I see a "No cut Universal-Sim" card adaptor, which means i don't have to cut my tmob sim card, is this correct? or do i still need to hole punch it? please clarify.

3) The sim card adaptor is a temporary solution until the dev team comes with a hack, but this is all speculative.

Is there anything I need to be aware of? Should I cut my losses now and resell the 3g and get an unlocked iphone over ebay? I value everyone's input on this forum so please be nice to a newbie!

Thanks in advance.

same here.

Thanks

1. cydia & installer should = j/b

2. that should the trick....Dual Sim Adapter Manufacturers & Suppliers

3.not sure.

4.that would be correct.

Wow...Very intelligent first post. I'm glad to see you did your research before asking

Can you elaborate on the dual sim adaptor? I could not find a lot of post on this.

I get the feeling that there is no single sim adaptor that will have 100% success rate. I might just bite the bullet and try the site: unlockediphone.info since I have seen a few posts from here and they have a 100% satisfaction gaurantee so if I am not happy with it I will request a refund.

Thanks guys. If all else fails, I will resell on ebay and get an unlocked 3g.

Thanks

There is no guarantee with a sim adaptor.

Lots of people are reporting success with the Gevey II SIM on T-Mob in the USA.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

yea it works just got one in the last hour it does worrrrrrrrrrk

Quote Originally Posted by juquan View Post
    yea it works just got one in the last hour it does worrrrrrrrrrk
    They often do - for a few hours.....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

no sim cut means u dont have to cut ur sim.
    but from personal experience you have to slightly push it rather than easily slide in the tray
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

my wife & I both have 3g Iphone with the new gevy sim + and never had a problem with them over 3 months now.