Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The sim card inserted in this iphone does not appear to be supported

Default The sim card inserted in this iphone does not appear to be supported
    I have an Iphone 3G 2.2 jailbreak phone and it has been working fine. But today when I tried to sync it with my mac it displayed "the sim card inserted in this iphone does not appear to be supported". My Iphone works fine. I downloaded a couple of apps off cydia but there hasn't been a problem until today, maybe that might be the reason? But I just wanted to know if anyone knew a solution to my problem!!!! thank you!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default similar problem.
    I am having a similar problem. I’m on T-Mobile and mistakenly updated to 2.2.1 with 02.30.03 and had to get a turbo SIM in order to unlock to use with T-mobile. Worked great for the last month, but then out of the blue my phone’s dialer would work. I couldn’t dial numbers, only call back via the text message feature, could rec and send texts, just no dialer so I restored my iphone through ITunes. Upon restoral, using the same sim and turbo SIM, is not working flashing from no signal, no sim, searching and at time shows full signal with T-Mobile, but when I try and place a call it immediately fails and reverts back to “no sim”.
    Can anyone please help me?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

"SIM not supported" is an activation issue. Re-run Quickpwn. The turboSIM issue you are having is kind of normal. The SIM will always cycle between searching, no sim, and no service but once it says "T-Mobile" on the top it should stay that way. Make sure your 3G switch is always OFF.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I totally appreciate the response, but I did try that a few time and you’re right, it will go through the searching, no sim and eventually have full bars with the Tmobile logo, but as soon as I go to dail a call, its says, “call failed” and I loose the signal entirely and starts saying no sim.

i think jeff369, is that the turbo sim u have only supports 2.2.0 firmware. upgrading your firmware, means you need to upgrade the system of your turbo sim. this is the reason why you dont have any signal.