Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default 3.0
    ok so I keep reading about this 3.0 update...is it out? I am confused....I have a 3g running 2.2 unlocked on tmobile....can I update any newer?

sorry if this is a dumb question just curious

Basically the most recent "publically released" firmware is 2.2.1

Each time a new firmware is developed and announced by Apple, a number of "beta's" follow, up until its public release.

3.0 is the new firmware which is due for public release sometime in June. What you are hearing about is the beta's, which is currently up to beta 4.

You can upgrade to the new 3.0 but you need to be registered on a developers account, not hard to do, plenty of devs on here willing to add new accounts.

I suggest you read up on the whole process first, threads can be found in the forums.

DO NOT JUST UPGRADE WITHOUT RESEARCHING IT FIRST

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks for the info

It is also not advised to upgrade if you are on anything higher than the 5.8 bootloader since you might not be able to keep using it on T-Mobile.

Green Apple
    Thanks

yea I read that...and I'm not really sure how to tell what bootloader I am on...I think I'm just going to stay how I am

If anyone can add me to 3.0 list so it will work on my phone pm me. I dont mind sending some paypal $ over.

Thx