Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Any news sw unlocking 2.2.1 / Baseband 2.30.3 / BootLoader 5.9 ?

Unhappy Any news sw unlocking 2.2.1 / Baseband 2.30.3 / BootLoader 5.9 ?
    Anyone got any news regarding the Software unlocking 2.2.2 with Baseband 2.30.3 and BootLoader 5.9 (5.09) ?

As known with the 5.9 (5.09) bootloader the security breach was fixed and its not possible to downgrade the baseband that Yellowsn0w supports (from 2.30.2 to 2.28.0).

Anyone believe that we may see a YellowSn0w that unlocks 2.30.2 ?
    Or any other YellowSn0w competitor ahead ?

Downgrading the bootloader is impossible, the baseband at 5.9 too... sad

Dont know what to do !

Same...

Just got a Brand new 3G iPhone to replace my old 2G and I can't even use it!!!!!

I'm pretty sure the devs have begun looking for an exploit in the new baseband packaged with 3.0 and gave up on 02.30

Im afraid so...

If I hear any news about YellowSn0w working no 3.0 (FW 4.x) I would upgrade right away!

Im still resisting hoping for some news on 2.30.3...

Thanks

Well, IF they find an explooit, then users should be able to upgrade the firmware (and the baseband), then downgrade the firmware to a non-beta (but the baseband should stay at whatever the highest is), then we could unlock it. But there's been no word from the devteam.

It seems that the dev team hold back on stuff like this because apple might patch it in the next version. if they keep this attitude it means that we will NEVER see an unlock for the iPhone 3g. if they keep waiting for the new iphone by the time they relese the 3g unlock the new iphone will be relesed and apple will have patched the hole anyways. to be honest we all know they can do it but there just not going to relese it until the next relese and then they will have patched that hole and the cat and mouse game will begin again, the problem with the dev team is they dont relese anything. like with redsn0w, they wernt going to relese it till after the new iphone was relesed, well um: HELLO! how is this fair on all the people that bought an ipod touch 2g and want to jailbreak? its not. its pointless having hope that they will do it because we all know that they have done it but they just wont relese it. sorry if this is a bit of a ramble but im REALLY quite annoyed with the dev team because of this.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

they'll prolly unlock 2.30 when the official 3.0 comes out (maybe). til then i suggest you go buy a turbosim or whatever so you can use it.
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

The reason they were trying to hold onto redsn0w was to keep the exploit a secret until the new iPhone came out so they could possibly use the same thing to jailbreak both devices. It is now quite possible that the exploit has been patched in the new iPhones and they will have to come up with something else to jailbreak the new hardware. I would rethink your (computid) selfish attitude about what YOU need and focus on what is good for the overall iPhone community.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

PhoneLine (2009-05-05), rcperez (2009-05-02), smirkis (2009-05-01)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

poseidon is 100% correct, he and i have obviously been around long enough to know how things really work. and overall community can thank the dev team and their timing on releases to keep things working, for longer periods of time.

we've been around, and see how things work. you should try it some time, you'd prolly understand instead of being so selfish
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smirkis For This Useful Post:

crashzilla00 (2009-05-14), Poseidon79 (2009-05-01)

It's true. I mean isn't 3.0 scheduled to be released with the new iPhone? When is that? We can predict that it will be 1 month or 2. 3 tops, which I highly doubt.

If I had a 3G I would want them to be able to exploit and unlock 3.0 and the new iPhones because 3.0 will affect all iPhones, including the new one (we can assume) instead of 2.2.1 which only affects 3G's.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NeoNightmareX For This Useful Post:

bishopazrael (2009-05-02), mikeberesford (2009-05-09), smirkis (2009-05-01)

Everything in life is strategy. Yin, yang, black, white, you have an opposite to push or pull against. The same is true for the dev team. Look at it from their perspective. They can unlock say... 100k phones by unlocking 2.2.1/ 2.30. Maybe more, I'm just making a number up for this thread. Now... compare that to the future of the 3.0 software that will have an installed base of well over 5 million people. Out of those 5 million lets say that 2 million are people who have an iphone on another service because its jailbroken and unlocked. Everyone's going to be upgrading to 3.0. So is it worth it to focus on 100k people's problem, or is it more worthy to study up now and have the jail break done for 3.0 when it comes out?

Numbers dictate that they go with unlocking 3.0 NOW, so that the day its released and 5 million people upgrade, the unlock is ready and waiting. And before you get pissed off... I'm stuck with a 16gb iphone 3g that's on 2.2.1 / 2.30. I've got a Gevey sim adapter to use until I can upgrade and unlock. I have to wait, just the same as you.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bishopazrael For This Useful Post:

jannejsalovaara (2009-05-03), rcperez (2009-05-02)

It completely makes sense !

Thanks for all feedback, didnt think bout all those points, my anger was blinding me lol

Going to order a fake sim and cross my fingers it works fine till we get 3.0 unlocked...

What I left out by accident .... this is a game, but one, make no doubt about it, is deadly serious. Right now as we sit here on a Saturday morning reading this site... there are several intense people who work for apple, whose sole job is to read this site and to gather intelligence on the dev teams progress. Its a move, then counter move, then counter, counter move.

Make no mistake, Apple takes this deadly serious. Just like the CIA & the KGB, Apple's going after the dev team. There's no killing in corporate espionage, but I'm sure that Steve has had discussions about the dev team and how to defeat them. That in mind the dev team's decision to skip 2.2.1 and move straight to the more widely anticipated 3.0 is a wise decision. Everyone should keep this in mind when thinking to criticize those whom work and labor so hard on our behalf, and at no profit to themselves. We sit back and let them do the hard work, and gain free benefits from it. Who then, are we to say anything about how they go about liberating out phones?

Graciousness and gratitude. Two things sorely missing from most people's emotional stable.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to bishopazrael For This Useful Post:

gia1 (2009-05-06)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bishopazrael View Post
    Everything in life is strategy. Yin, yang, black, white, you have an opposite to push or pull against. The same is true for the dev team. Look at it from their perspective. They can unlock say... 100k phones by unlocking 2.2.1/ 2.30. Maybe more, I'm just making a number up for this thread. Now... compare that to the future of the 3.0 software that will have an installed base of well over 5 million people. Out of those 5 million lets say that 2 million are people who have an iphone on another service because its jailbroken and unlocked. Everyone's going to be upgrading to 3.0. So is it worth it to focus on 100k people's problem, or is it more worthy to study up now and have the jail break done for 3.0 when it comes out?

Numbers dictate that they go with unlocking 3.0 NOW, so that the day its released and 5 million people upgrade, the unlock is ready and waiting. And before you get pissed off... I'm stuck with a 16gb iphone 3g that's on 2.2.1 / 2.30. I've got a Gevey sim adapter to use until I can upgrade and unlock. I have to wait, just the same as you.
    unfortunately i too have an iphone with 2.2.1 with the 5.9 bootloader. i see you got a gevey sim? is that like a turbo sim? would i be able to do the same until the new fix comes out? i have t-mobile.

Hey bishopazrael, Would you recommend Gevey-3G sim adapter.. with $50 price tag it is the most expensive adapter I've seen... but if it is good and painless I'm willing to pay the price.
    Where did you buy it? wondering if eBay sellers can be trusted?

Quote Originally Posted by bishopazrael View Post

Thanks

I say that if u live in U.S. It's way better to get AT&T for a 3G because tmobile sucks as a data for 3G....might as well just get a 1st gen iPhone...I had my 3G unlocked...calls and plan was ok , Internet sucked. Just look at the forums with people saying "help lost internet on tmobile" I just went and got me an AT&T plan and couldn't be happier....

hi agan, the gevey sim card is veryyy good (almost as good as software) just make sure to get the PLUS 2 EDITION.
    also is not expensive its 11 dls aprox with free shipping on Ebay.
    (just be sure to get the original and not a fake for more info go to their page)

jaas

23. The Following User Says Thank You to jaas75 For This Useful Post:

aqan (2009-05-09)

Cool man I'll check it out.. thanks for replying.

Quote Originally Posted by jaas75 View Post
    hi agan, the gevey sim card is veryyy good (almost as good as software) just make sure to get the PLUS 2 EDITION.
    also is not expensive its 11 dls aprox with free shipping on Ebay.
    (just be sure to get the original and not a fake for more info go to their page)

jaas

i hope to solve this issue asap, since i cant use the turbosim because it keep destroying my sim, so each couple of days i have to get sim replacement

Knows something
    Thanks

Am with you on this mate...u are 101% right...its really feels like their are been a pain in tha *****

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast