Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problems with Vodafone UK and iPhone 3G

Default Problems with Vodafone UK and iPhone 3G
    Hi Guys,

Wondering if someone can offer an answer to the following question?

I have a Vodafone SIM and I have jailbroken my iPhone 3G on 2.2.1 and have a Gevey Plus 2 Turbo SIM as I bought the phone direct from Apple on the latest baseband.

I have had no issues with loss of signal, however I cant get a 3G signal and just get the blue circle which is kinda frustrating as I live right in Cardiff City Centre.

Just wondering if I have done something wrong or if Voda 3G wont work with the iPhone 3G?

I have all the APN settings and can access the internet just not with 3G.

If anyone could shed some light on this I would be extremely grateful.

Cheers guys.

Fez

any ideas guys???
    Last edited by Fezbian; 2009-04-24 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The blue circe is GPRS, which is the slowest form of mobile internet. On the iphone you get that with poor receptions areas, then you get E for edge mobile internet and on the 3G devices you get 3G when you are in 3G mobile internet areas.

According to Vodafone Cardiff has 3g coverage

Mobile Phone Coverage UK - Vodafone

So it is a bit of a mystery why your are crawling along on GPRS. As you have mobile internet it is working, are you sure your mobile account with Vodafone covers 3g Mobile internet? If it does then I suppose the only other issue is your unlock with the Turbosim and I have no experience with those so I can't help there.
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

cheers rob

just checked with voda and i have a 3g data plan.

I have unlocked with a Gevey 3G turbo sim but have to leave the 3G off as it drops the siginal out!

Anyone got any ideas how I can get 3G? Or am I going to have to wait for OS 3 and dev team to unlock?

It wouldn't hurt to try a dfu restore to 2.2, set up as new phone and see if that helps? As long as before you dfu restore you synch your iPhone with iTunes until it performs a back up - so you can easily get all your info settings back later. While I doubt it will help it can't hurt either.

nice one rob, ill give it a try later this week

you will need the network internet setting for it ,liek the one o2 give you on its simpack, e.g payandgo.o2.co.uk etc dont know what it would be for other network

already done that mate